USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the court still grant 20% of my income if it takes away from my current family?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the court still grant 20% of my income if it takes away from my current family?

Our 15 year old has decided to move back in with his mother, she is requesting more child support, for the 3rd time. He has lived with us for 4 years and his older brother has lived with his mom. Child support was not paid, as we both had a child. My income has increased since the last time we agreed on child support, however, I now am remarried with two more children. She will have the two children from our marriage and I have two living in my home with my new wife. Can the court still grant 20% of my income if it takes away from my current family? The children with my exwife are 15 and 17, the children with my new wife are 1 and 3. Does this make a difference when awarding new child support?

She can ask for some increase if the child moves back--the court will look again at the overall situation for both you and her if she takes it back to court. Some increase in her award is likely if the former order did not account for that child living with her.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X