USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a single woman gives birth whose last name does the baby take?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a single woman gives birth whose last name does the baby take?

The father's name will be listed as the biological father but doen't the baby take the mother's last name since the parents are not married? Are there any legal issues concerning doing this?

You may check with your county clerk and the clerk of the local family law court as well, but in many jurisdictions you can select either if the father agrees, and in some cases even if he does not. If you have any problems let us know.

Comment

re: When a single woman gives birth whose last name does the baby take?

I have two kids my youngest is 2 months and me and his father arent married and he has his last name it is totally up to the parents.

Comment

re: When a single woman gives birth whose last name does the baby take?

me and my ex aren't together anymore and he's not on the birth certificate so I gave her my last name. I'm from canada but I dont think there is laws about it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X