USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of Venue -- How do I transfer my child support case?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Venue -- How do I transfer my child support case?

My child support was court ordered in Texas along with my divorce. Both myself and my ex husband have since moved out of the state I am in California and he is in Arizona. I have custody of the kids and he has them maybe 15% of the time, mostly during the summer. Since I now live in California the cost of living is higher and I would like to modify my child support order. I have already went through Arizona to modify it but it was denied, but shouldn't the child support be based on where the kids reside? My ex husband also makes way more money than I do. A friend of mine who's ex husband makes way less than mine does and she makes more than me recently got her child support and it was more than mine and I have more children than she does! How do I transfer my child support case here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The case normally does not automatically "follow" the child. It does however go to the new county (after a petition is granted) where the child resides. You need to petition the former courts for a change of venue based on the fact that you both no longer live in the county which has jurisdiction. You will have to pay filing fees in both counties for this action (when the decision is granted to move to where the child now resides).

Comment

Re: Change of Venue -- How do I transfer my child support case?

Typical female always looking for more when they can simply find other means like us men do by getting other jobs to supplement our income....its like come on...1st off we don't get to see the kids as we should because of spitefulness and/or bitterness....but then they want more and more money so they don't have to find another mean to support them selves so they "can spend more time with the kids".....when once more the men are screwed with these laws that favor women when women are no different then men.....we are all human!!....

Comment

You normally can file in the new location and under those guidelines after you have been living there 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Typical female always looking for more when they can simply find other means like us men do by getting other jobs to supplement our income....its like come on...1st off we don't get to see the kids as we should because of spitefulness and/or bitterness....but then they want more and more money so they don't have to find another mean to support them selves so they "can spend more time with the kids".....when once more the men are screwed with these laws that favor women when women are no different then men.....we are all human!!....
          Wow. Talk about bitterness. I need a change of venue because I need more to support my children. I work hard & yes he pays support but doesn't help with any of the extras my children participate in. Cheer, band, etc. He says he will help but I will go out & make purchases & is won't live up to his end of the agreement. He is ugly & bitter & refuses to see that the measles $600 a month I get does not support his children. Texas will get me more & yes I need more so greedy or not its for the support of my kids. Quit whining & live up to your end of the duties. I can't stand it when a grown man makes excuses for not taking care of his kids when all we want is enough to take care of them. Give more! I may be greedy and want more for my kids, but your selfish and want it all to yourself. Grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            You normally can file in the new location and under those guidelines after you have been living there 6 months.
            Thank you..

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;200094]Typical female always looking for more when they can simply find other means like us men do by getting other jobs to supplement our income....its like come on...1st off we don't get to see the kids as we should because of spitefulness and/or bitterness....but then they want more and more money so they don't have to find another mean to support them selves so they "can spend more time with the kids".....when once more the men are screwed with these laws that favor women when women are no different then men.....we are all human!!....[/QU

Maybe where you live, I had to do the same thing, I lived the philadelphia and moved to new jersey, only 20 mintues over the bridge, I told my ex, i was moving,and he came up to see them for a year.then one day he went to modify for a decrease in pay, because he lost his job, (ok, fine), then he pulled, that he didn't know where the kids where and that i never told him.So he tried to hold me in contempt of order,because i moved to another state, On the other hand, the courts knew, before i moved to new jersey, i called the courts to see what i had to do. They said just give us your new address, so i'm thinking everything is ok.WELL, when i went to court, the judge gave it to me,HE TOLD ME THE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE ARENT LAWYERS!THAT I HAD TO GO IN THERE AND FILE, AND PAY FOR THE FEE'S.WHICH I DID AFTER THAT, AND WAS STILL DINED, EVEN THOUGH THEY LIVE WITH ME.aT THAT TIME IT WAS 4YRS YRS I WAS LIVING IN JERSEY.. I couldn't get a word in. He is the type that is always for the men!!!! Which there father never ever come to see them anyway.He might have seen them 2days out of the month, he is remarried and has another child.You think he would be a better father to the first to he has..And about the support, I didnt care about that, i cared about him spending time with them,That was my main issue,,,Even when i lived in phila, he came around to see them for one hour and left..There like a book shelf to him, he takes them off, then when he is done, he puts them back on there,.NOW THAT'S NOT RIGHT.aND I GOT MARRIED 5YRS BEFORE HIM,and had another child.. HE likes to spite me. when really he is hurting them and himself...So all women aren't out for the money.When you have growing boys,its alot!!!!!
              .$.92.00 a week isn't nothing for 2 boys..my husband has been raising my boys since they where 5 and 6yrs old, they are 15 and 14 now.plus the little 5yr old, he supports all of us..He is a good man.. So make sure you go and file and pay the fee's..

Comment

Originally posted by akdrmn View Post
                Thank you..

not true in philadelphia! i tried and got deined, because he still lives there, but for you. I can't see it being a problem, since both of you have moved out of the state..

Comment

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

First I would like to say, that I have been on both sides of child support. I have paid on one child and I receive child support on another one. So I have a really unbiased opinion. The child I was paying is grown now. The child I receive support for is 13. All of her fathers kids are younger then she is and he pays 400 dollars a month. Child support was assessed in Iowa. Now My Fiance of 5 years makes barely more then he does, and he pays 1000 dollars a month, not to mention that the court just ordered a 10% COLA adjustment which will bring it up to a little less then 1200 a month. How is this fair? He hasn't had a raise in 7 years. and certainly hasnt been 10%. He only makes 65,000 minus taxes and union dues etc. His ex wife is working and making I guess about 30,000. But His attorney said that she could be making $1,000,000 a tear, and they still would not take her income into consideration, because in the state of NY the non custodial parents income doesnt count after the initial calculation. How is this fair. I mean doesnt the non custodial parent deserve to live too. I mean Why should he have to foot the entire bill for the child. Plus he has to keep a 200,000 life insurance policy on file with the court in case he should die, cause we wouldnt want the mother to have to work too hard. lol. I mean is it just me or is this nuts. Then the mother constantly wants extras for school supplies, and soccer, and extra curricular activities. I mean this is what child support is for, to support the child. If that means soccer lessons or flute, then so be it, but, you should not expect extra. It is just part of life.

So I do understand your frustration But remember just because you are receiving child support, doesnt mean you should not have to contribute. Heck my daughter has not gotten a birthday or christmas present that cost over 20 buck from her father in her whole life, and when she needed braces. I asked for half of the part that the insurance did not cover, and he said, I do not have it right now. and I left it alone. I mean the dad has to live too you know.

Comment

lf you work hard and he pays what the courts deem is fair for him, them maybe you need to cut out some activities, or try to get help through the school, not every child can do everything. Remember he is living in a seperate household now having bills of his own to pay. not that his children arent important. But cut the man some slack, if he doesnt have it, then he doesnt have it. If you cant afford it,then you can afford it. My children get limits of what activities they can do. and they do not have i-phones etc,. they have a prepaid cellphone that they have to earn the money for themselves. I am sorry you are struggling, but maybe cutting out somethings would help. You say a meesley 600 a month. I get around 400, and I say it isnt much, but i tell you there has been a few times when he was laid off and I did not get it for a few weeks, and I certainly missed it. I mean it doesnt seem like much. BUt be happy you are getting anything, cause there are soo many people that arent.

Comment

Great info even if there seems to be a lot of bitterness by one or two posters.
                        I guess that is hard to avoid in these kinds of cases.
                        It is really helpful though to see others dealing with these issues, and how different approaches work.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X