USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend never had intent to assault me... need advice!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend never had intent to assault me... need advice!!!

Hello, this is my first time uaing this forum and I desperately need advice. My boyfriend and I got into an small argument the other day and I was mad so I attempted to exit the vehicle to get some air and cool off. The truck was moving so as a reflex my boyfriend just grabbed me to pull me back in so that I wouldnt get hurt as we were moving like I said. I screamed at him and got back in the truck and we drove home. 10 minutes later there were police officers at my door asking to speak with my boyfriend and I. I had a tiny mark on my chest from him pulling me back Into the truck which I hadnt noticed until they pointed it out. They said they had grounds to arrest him and charge him with domestic violence. Some annoynmous caller apparently told the police they thought I was being kidnapped. I gave my statment saying from the get go that I was opposed to the charges and this was all a misunderstanding. I cried on video and begged to go home with my boyfriend. They didnt take a picture of my tiny mark ( which wasnt even broken skin) they issued a no contact order and I panicked and again told them he had no intent to do that and that I wasnt hurt and never needed help and that it was a simple argument. Now they are charging him with domestic violence, confinment and breach of bail. I have made my impact statment for the crown saying I am not scared of him and I want to have contact with him and I am opposed to these charges. I never called the police and they should not have been called. He was arrested on tuesday, it is mow friday and he has not even passed for a bail hearing as they tell me it is because he doesnt have a good plan set up yet for if he is released on bail. I want to meet with the crown and be able to again give another statment. How can they have evidence if it was an annynmous caller ? I know the police have no choice but to arrest and charge for domestic violence and it is now in the hands of the crown prosecutor and judge.. but how can I make my voice more heard?? Am I ever going to see him again?? This is ridiculous and he is my world. He never had intent to assault me or anything. He has a previous record. What are my options and why is his bail hearing taking so long? Will he do a lot of jail time? Can we get this no contact order lifted somehow as he is not a danger to me and I am not afraid of him? Please please help!

Re: Boyfriend never had intent to assault me... need advice!!!

If you have not made a statement indicating he committed an act of Domestic Violence and only tried to save you from injury, it is very likely he will be found not guilty if they attempt to prosecute.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I am just worried as to why he has not passed for a bail hearing yet unless perhaps they do not even have enough evidence for a trial? Sorry like I said I do not know much about how the system works in this case. He does have a history of domestic violence which I am worried will work against him in this. He has changed, has a good job and has not done anything to me except pull me back into the vehicle. If he does happen to go to jail which I am praying he doesnt because this was a misunderstanding will the no contact order ever be dissolved? I just want to see him again and work through this somehow. He does not have a lawyer and is going through duty council, will they help him? Have they informed him that I am opposed and that I am trying to fight this as well? Thank you so much for listening, this has severly hurt me emotionally and I am hurting just thinking about what he is going through as well. Thanks again!

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may meet the DA and request the Court that you want to give evidence in favor of your boyfriend. You may inform the Court that you never reported the matter to the police and nor did you request for a no contact order which may be withdrawn. The burden of proof is on the law enforcement agencies in the Court to prove the allegations made by them. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. Please note that if you recant from any statement given under oath in the matter then the Court may punish you.

AFF

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have already submitted a request to meet with the crown attorny as I would like to have this resolved and have my voice heard of course. I am supposed to call back monday morning to see my his bail trial is and to see when I can meet with the crown. They say the only availability may be august 13th and I am worried that will be much too late. I do not think that have sufficient proof but then again he does have a previous record so I am worried they will automatically presume he is guilty which is not the case. The crown knows that I am opposed and I would like the no contact order lifted and that I feel no danger. I am hoping it will do more once I am able to meet with the crown face to face. I am going through the victim witness assistance program ( even though I am not a victim) I do not know what else to do at this point. I read somewhere that the no contact thing can be permanent but how can that be when it was no my choice or me who called for assistance? I am so fearful I will not see him again. The only statement I provided them was thr true events of what happened and that it was truly and misunderstanding and I wanted no charges laid and i wanted to go home with my boyfriend. This was a refelxive action taken by him to prevent injury.. nothing more. Yes I wanted to exit thr vehicle but I can understand why he did not let me as the truck was moving. They are now arguing unlawful or forcible confinment as well, they are doing anything to lock him away. In your opinion will the crown and or judge see all this the way I do? Or will they just see his past record and throw him away? Thank you ever so much for the help!

Comment

Any other advice for me please? I am sorry I dont mean to be annoying I just do not know where else to turn in terms of what I should expect to happen from all this. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Tell them it is not forcible confinement to save you from jumping out of a moving truck because you are emotionally overwhelmed.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Who do I tell and how? I have no lawyer and cannot talk about evidence with the wintess place or with the crown attorny or can I? I believe I have the chance to make an oral statement if he pleads guilty right?

Comment

He wants to plead not guilty. You may testify. Your testimony will outweigh that of any 3rd party. He really needs a barristers assistance.

Comment

How do I let them know I would like to testify since I am not the one who called the police in the first place? They said I would be able to make a statement only as I probably wont have to testify. I am so confused. I will be calling tuesday to see when his bail hearing is or what the conditions are of let out on bail. Thank you for you help and advice. I hope he can somehow get a lawyer and that meeting with the crown will help me get my voice and thoughts heard.

Comment

His lawyer will call you as a witness.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X