Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luxembourg a statement given by a traumatised victim

I would like to ask you please if a traumatised girl (with post traumatic syndrome) can give a clear, truthful statement, while under the traumatized state? This girl also underwent cosmetic surgery in February, got thrown out of her family s home and as a virgin, was forced to sexual relationship with her boyfriend. She then went on a put a false accusation about her father, accusing him of sexual abuse.

Re: Luxembourg a statement given by a traumatised victim

I wish to inform you that a person suffering from post traumatic stress disorder needs medical treatment and the evidence given by such a person may not be relied upon by the Court.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by koalabear View Post
      I would like to ask you please if a traumatised girl (with post traumatic syndrome) can give a clear, truthful statement, while under the traumatized state? This girl also underwent cosmetic surgery in February, got thrown out of her family s home and as a virgin, was forced to sexual relationship with her boyfriend. She then went on a put a false accusation about her father, accusing him of sexual abuse.
      Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that a person suffering from post traumatic stress disorder needs medical treatment and the evidence given by such a person may not be relied upon by the Court.

AFF
      That's not necessarily true.

A person suffering from PTSD CAN be capable of providing accurate and truthful testimony. The fact that they are in a traumatized state isn't necessarily indicative of an inability to do that.

No one but the girl and her father know for sure that her claim that he sexually abused her is false. There is the possibility that her past sexual abuse may have clouded her memory, or she may have been very clear and fully able to recall incidents where it actually occurred.

The only way to know for sure whether or not the girl's testimony is credible given her mental state would be a licensed psychiatrist who has had ample time and opportunity to evaluate her.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Originally posted by koalabear View Post
        Last things first, who are you in this scenario? How do you know the accusation about the father abusing her are false?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X