USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racial Profiling? Wrongful Search? Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial Profiling? Wrongful Search? Help!

Hello,
    I live in Ma. I have never had any problems with the law. A few weeks ago I bought a car from a guy at my job, and was told that as long as I put my current plates and registration in the car with me and as long as i registered an insured the new vehicle by 7 days time, that i would be fine. I recieved a bill of sale from the guy, which we both signed, he also signed the title over to me and i signed my name. On the 3rd night...the 19th of Feb, I was on my way to Northampton Ma, and a trooper followed me for about 8 miles or so. I was not speeding or driving oddly.... He turned on his lights and I pulled over...He asked me for licence and reg. and i gave him all of the above info. He then pointed out that we had forgotten to put the date on the title...which is true...I hadn't even thought about it. And proceeded to tell me that my car smelled like marijuana, and that he was asking if i would let them search it. I told them that I don't smoke and that it was ok to search the car....meanwhile about a half an hour goes by...no dogs...the 2 officers went through the car...trunk and all...found nothing, and then proceeded to call a tow truck to tow my car ..costing me 200 dollars. I looked at the ticket and it says that they didn't search my car. Which is a lie. They didn't tell me why i was being pulled over, even though i asked. Also, I brought the car to get it inspected and insured the next day.
    This was not the first time that I was pulled over. Other times I was pulled over for no reason, and no tickets were given to me, also no reason why I was pulled over was given to me.
    I have not been to court, and i do not have any idea on what to expect. Should I get a lawyer? Am I going to have to pay some huge fine? Can I go to jail for this?? I am waiting now for the court date and I am such a mess about it... The officer even told me that if the date would have been on there than I would have been fine. What do I do?

Please help.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Racial Profiling? Wrongful Search? Help!

so what is the actual ticket for?

Comment

Originally posted by able1 View Post
      so what is the actual ticket for?
      The ticket says, attaching plates, operating unregistered vehicle, operating uninsured vehicle...all of which are criminal violations.

Comment

Take all of your documents and explain to the judge and you may get the tickets dropped or reduced.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X