USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Need a dismissed case expunged.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a dismissed case expunged.

    I was arrested for a bad check in 1988. The case was dismissed. I have recently became aware that it is on my record as dismissed. I would like to have this expunged, I am aware that I can file the papers myself but are there any pitfalls that could occur when these papers are filed or is fairly simple process?

  • #2
    Re: Need a dismissed case expunged.

    The court will often have forms you can use.

    It is not complicated but saves time and energy to have a lawyer do it.
    Not all states allow this to be expunged, so check with the court or prosecutors office--or with your defense counsel from the case.


    • #3
      Re: Need a dismissed case expunged.

      Well it all depends on the State in which you were arrested in. in Texas for example, if your case has been dismissed, you have to wait for the statute of limitations to expire before you can request to have it expunged. Often times if you hire a lawyer to expunge an arrest/charge from your records in which was dismissed, it can cost anywhere between $1000 - $3000
      I am not a lawyer / attorney, the responses I give are simply educated responses or from personal experiences.

      Member of the Texas Adjudication Outreach (A registered Non-Profit Organization with both the State of Texas and U.S. Government)


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.