X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In canada-URGENT-how long in jail?

This is a long post, but please help!!

I desperately need to know what my fiance is going to be sentenced...
    I know there is no way you can tell me exactly what its going to be, but from what I have heard from friends, he will most likely go to jail, because he already has charges.
    It is one assault charge that he is facing. He had previous assault charges. He had a sexual assault charge when he was under 18yrs, and 2 assault charges also before he turned 18. Then his record was wiped because he turned 18, then he had another assault charge when he was 18, and then one more just recently (he is 24 years old now). So since he has charges since he turned 18, all his charges are back on his record.
    I am wondering roughly what kind of sentence a person with a record like that would get. Im assuming jail, and if so, roughly how long.
    Im also wondering how he should go about plea bargaining if its something awful. I really dont want him to go to jail, we have a house to pay for, and a 4 month old son and I dont (and cant) work. I basically want to know what to do and say to avoid jail at any cost.
    Also, I was the victim in this assault, and a no-contact order has been placed on us. Is there any way I can testify on his behalf? I already recorded a video statement (the cops led me to believe that I had to, and I had no idea since I have never been in trouble with the law) so I dont know if that is something I cant do now... My parents also want to go to court for him, is that allowed?
    I realize that any information you can give me will be rough estimates, but it is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you very much

Re: In canada-URGENT-how long in jail?

Try speaking to the Crown prosecutors directly, they have the right to continue to pursue the case on their own (even if you don't want them to) but if they feel this was a one-time incident and will never happen again--they may drop it.

WLD could likely intervene if needed

Comment

In canada-URGENT-how long in jail?

Yea, but I dont think that they will think it was a one time thing, because he has several other assault charges on his record.
      What kind of jail time do you think they will give someone with a record like that?
      Also, what are some different ways of plea bargaining?

Comment

Re: In canada-URGENT-how long in jail?

If counseling etc. appears it may work, they might opt for that. Try pushing the point for alternatives if possible

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X