Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about arrest and trial

I have a relative who was arrested for sexual offenses. The police officer who arrested him has known my family for years. According to my family memeber, the cop said that if he signed the paper for guilty, things would work out better for him. He was arrested in February of 2004. His trials kept getting postponed and he wasn't even convicted until November of 2005. I know that he signed the guilty plea; however, are they still allowed to take that much time?

Also, he had to get a new public defender in the middle of the trials, because the other one left. I don't know how fair of a conviction this was. I guess I don't know if it matters if he already said he was guilty.

The last thing... he was convicted of the crimes, and now has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. He was only 18 when he committed the crimes... 21, by the time they convicted him. The girls will all above the age of 14. I don't understand how the classified him as a sex offender.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Question about arrest and trial

It is hard to undo a plea and/or conviction at this point but not always impossible.

Please email WLD at [email protected] and list "post conviction" in the subject line. WLD lawyers will help outline a strategy for you to deal with this. The post you made is on file with WLD staff.

www.worldlaw.eu

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X