Double jeopardy? (Assault case, Texas)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double jeopardy? (Assault case, Texas)

Our son was arrested in Texas 2 summers ago for a meritless he-said/she-said assault case. We paid a bail bondsman $3500 to get him out, and the case never went to trial. They dropped charges last November without notifying any of the responsible parties (our son, his lawyer, us) and then re-filed the same charge (again without notification) last month. There has not yet been a bail hearing, but we are told that bail will need to be paid again. Although I know this is not technically double-jeopardy, it certainly seems less than legal and almost extortion. HELP!

Re: Double jeopardy?

WLD lawyers emailed you privately.

Comment

I too think that we are experiencing a form of double jeopardy. My nephew was charged with home evasion and CSC 1st degree, he pled down to CSC 3rd degree in exchange for 3 months boot camp, 30 days in a half-way house and 3 years probation, all of this took place on Feb 27 2007. My family was under the understanding that he would be going to boot camp on the day of sentencing but that didn't happen instead he was sent to Dickerson Correctional Facility (in Detroit) for a week and then transferred to Wayne County Jail where he was taken back to court and re-sentenced for the same crime and given 18 months in Jackson (we were not notified until after this procedure had taken place). My question is how is this possible, why did this happen? No one can seem to give us any answers in the meantime my nephew sits in Wayne County Jail awaitng his transfer to Jackson which could be anyday, I would appreciate any advice you can give ASAP. Thank you.

Comment

Did counsel represent him?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X