Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfair Plea (charged with a robbery and possession of unlawful pistol)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair Plea (charged with a robbery and possession of unlawful pistol)

My friend was looking at getting charged with a robbery 1 (stole a 45$ pair of shoes from Fred Meyer)and possetion of unlawful pistol (did not occur on the same day, was found in the field next to a car accident that my friend was in). He took a deal and plead guilty to the charges in lou of becoming a confidetial informant. His end of the bargain fell through when the "main" person that the police wanted to be set up turned himself in. Since the deal could not be completed the Department of Corrections put out a no bail bench warrant for my friend. He was caught and now he is back in custody. They are sentencing him on Nov 7th, what are his chances of withdrawing his plea since he could not complete his end of the bargain? He is now looking at the maximum sentence of 90 months for this unfair deal. Is there any options out there for him or is he going to really serve this amount of time when people do much worse things than steal some shoes and get way less time?

...he needs to hire skilled counsel now but that plea deal can often be re-worked give the serious change in circumstances.

Comment

re: Unfair Plea (charged with a robbery and possession of unlawful pistol)

Do you know of anyone that would be able to work on withdrawing his plea? HIs lawyer that he has now is still continueing the sentencing date and I am afraid that nothing good will come out of this. How much does one charge for something like that? I am in western WA. Can you help or refer?

Comment

re: Unfair Plea (charged with a robbery and possession of unlawful pistol)

Please email World Law Direct at [email protected] and reference [plea]. WLD lawyers will help outline a strategy for you to deal with this. The post you made is on file with WLD staff.

Comment

I was accused of armed robbery for a 2.30 cent soda from a local store I asked twice nicely to be allowed to pay for it since that's all I went into the store to do the owner refused and started acting very aggressive and yelling at me which led me to accidentally walk outside the store still carrying the soda I wanted to buy I put the soda down right in front of the store since I did not want to take something without paying the owner got the soda back like about a minute later it wasn't damaged and I didn't drink off it I'm sure the store owner had no problem selling it I think this is very unfair since I really intended to pay for the item and also out of fear I left the store with the item by accident and placed it down right away also the owner claims I made threats I never said and just because he thought he saw a weapon I don't believe he saw anything because I didn't have a actual weapon and nothing shows on the video but now because of the fact the owner lied and
          accused me I'm facing felony's for things I didn't even do I'm very afraid because so far the public defender has only continued the case I don't have a lot of options because im on a fixed income and I'm mentally disabled I fear the worse I know I won't survive if I actually am sentenced to a prison term

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X