Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend was sentenced to life with mercy for kidnapping... Parole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend was sentenced to life with mercy for kidnapping... Parole?

My friend was sentenced to life with mercy for kidnapping at the age of 14 in the state of west virginia. She is now 25. I think the sentence called for not less than 10 years and not more than 30. Can she be eligable for parole? Thanks.....................

She is, and she may have other options if she was only 14. Her family needs to have counsel review the case closely and outline options.

Comment

Re: Friend was sentenced to life with mercy for kidnapping... Parole?

What does it actually mean life with mercy as noted in the above post?

Comment

It seems it simply means a life sentence but with the chance to get out early.
        I see the news articles on this story seem to imply that--or at least what seem to be the related articles.

Comment

That's exactly what it means.

Comment

Current WV law is nowhere near that harsh. Your friend must have been convicted of other charges.

http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-...bduction-laws/
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

I googled the news article.

It was kidnapping and murder by several teens of another teen.
              I believe that article is the issue here. Too similar to be otherwise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X