Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have to pay for a court appointed lawyer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to pay for a court appointed lawyer?

Do you have to pay for a court appointed lawyer? I heard if you lose the case you do. And if you do, is it expensive? or does it depend on the case?

Check with your local public defender's office as well but normally if it is a criminal law case and you are eligible for counsel, you need not pay.

Comment

Re: Do you have to pay for a court appointed lawyer?

It would seem so, I have to pay for my court appointed schmuck. Where I live they have no public defenders office, they have figured out the loop hole which essentially allows the lawyer defending you to sue you for his time right after you plead guilty or are found guilty. Mine actually said "Give me a moment your honor I am a court appointed, Hmm, o.k. its 11:15 now, I have worked on his case for 5.3 hours." Judge "Madam clerk would you please add Mr. X's time to judgement. 400 dollars really? Which part of I couldn't afford an attorney didn't these backwoods idiots understand? Sorry I am a bit irked.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X