X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic ticket in NC but I live in NJ

Hello,

I received a traffic ticket in Aug 13 for going 75 in a 60. While I was in NC, at the time I had a Connecticut DL. I thought when I got home I was able to pay the ticket obviously not. So the ticket quickly went to the back of my mind. Now, I live in NJ (Got a new DL in NJ in Dec 13). I received something in the mail stating my NJ DL would be suspended because my CT liscense is suspended. Now they are telling me that I cannot just pay the ticket, I have to go to the office to set a new court date in NC or obtain a lawyer to set a new court date. NJ has given me 1 week to resolve this matter. Which is not enough time to handle it. I need my license or I will lose my job.

Re: Traffic ticket in NC but I live in NJ

You have not posed a question, only stated the quandary you've put yourself in.

I'd recommend you take care of it immediately. The backlash if you don't is:
    1. Your car insurance will be cancelled
    2. You will get ticketed for driving on a suspended, which will suspend it longer.
    3. If you get into even a minor wreck you're really up a creek.

Comment

I wish to inform you that you may contact the DMV in NJ and request them to give you more time to resolve the matter. You may inform the NJ authorities that you are contacting the Court in NC immediately. Your request may or may not be granted by the NJ authorities. Further, you may contact the Clerk of Court in NC and quickly set up a Court date for a hearing to resolve the matter. You may appoint a traffic ticket attorney or represent yourself in the Court. You may pray to the Court for leniency. You may inform the Court that if your license is suspended then you may lose the job. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Sorry AFF, OP has elected to make a poor choice and though he may ask for an extension to address the issue he ignored, is unlikely to obtain an extension. His failure to pay or appear has caused the suspension and he also likely has a warrant in NC.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

You can exchange ticket from any place.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X