USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officer wrote the wrong speed limit of the area I was in. Can I get out of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer wrote the wrong speed limit of the area I was in. Can I get out of this?

Wrote 55 instead of 45. I was going 66. Can I get off on a technicality here?

Re: Officer wrote the wrong speed limit of the area I was in. Can I get out of this?

I wish to inform you that you may argue that speed limit was higher and that ticket is having material defect so it must be dismissed. As your speed was higher then allowed actual speed limit thus dismissal may be difficult. As ticket is having material defect thus your argument may raise question as to correctness of ticket as have it dismissed.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by Elprede View Post
      So he made an error in your favor and you wish to point that out to the judge in hopes of having the ticket voided?

Allow me to thank you for making my day.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc View Post
        So he made an error in your favor and you wish to point that out to the judge in hopes of having the ticket voided?

Allow my to thank you for making my day.
        I can't afford to have this ticket. So yes I will do almost anything to get this dismissed.

Comment

Re: Officer wrote the wrong speed limit of the area I was in. Can I get out of this?

You can get a higher fine and points for you in fact were going 21 over the limit instead of 11.

I'd let it lie and cop to the lesser speed infraction. Unless you enjoy higher insurance limits and higher points on your license.

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
            I wish to inform you that you may argue that speed limit was higher and that ticket is having material defect so it must be dismissed. As your speed was higher then allowed actual speed limit thus dismissal may be difficult. As ticket is having material defect thus your argument may raise question as to correctness of ticket as have it dismissed.

AFF
            The speed limit was lower, not higher. Meaning more points on the license and a higher fine.

The judge would take the testimony of higher speed infraction and find accordingly, to the poster's regret. For some years as his insurance rates increased substantially.And he paid a higher fine.

Comment

Going to court and confessing of a greater crime usually has the effect of the charge being amended as already noted.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Certain errors on a ticket, but not all errors, can lead to a dismissal. The mistakes you mention in your post do not necessarily require that the ticket be dismissed. However, an attorney may be able to exploit these mistakes on your ticket to show that the officer was not correct in his other observations also.

Comment

I can't afford to have this ticket. So yes I will do almost anything to get this dismissed.
                  Unless you have other grounds, such as the officer citing the wrong car, your best chance on getting financial accommodations for the ticket is to ask for terms, arrangements to pay in installments. Most courts will do this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X