USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traffic school dismissals for 2 tickets in 2 different states?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic school dismissals for 2 tickets in 2 different states?

My question involves traffic tickets from the states of: California & Arizona

I'm a resident of CA. I recently received 2 traffic tickets. I haven't done traffic school before.

1) One ticket in CA which is eligible for traffic school - 22349(a) exceeding 65 mph max
    2) One ticket in AZ which is eligible for traffic school - 28701A 50+ in a 35 zone

Can I do traffic school two times for both tickets since they are from different states? (Traffic school in CA and traffic school in AZ so both are dismissed?). Is it better to do one first and then the other due to checking systems? What is the best course of action?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Traffic school dismissals for 2 tickets in 2 different states?

I wish to inform you that you may attend traffic school once in California and once in Arizona so that both the tickets can be dismissed in the two different states.

AFF

Comment

Originally posted by AFFA View Post
      I wish to inform you that you may attend traffic school once in California and once in Arizona so that both the tickets can be dismissed in the two different states.

AFF
      Hi. I hope this is the case!

Are you sure that CA will not check AZ for ticket dismissals? I know you are only allowed 1 ticket dismissal and if CA checks AZ or vice versa then the dismissals will be thrown out and I will get points on my license.

How are you sure?

Comment

AFF is assuming they hold true to form and do not report it. I am not sure an out of state licensee is eligible for traffic school in either state.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
          AFF is assuming they hold true to form and do not report it. I am not sure an out of state licensee is eligible for traffic school in either state.
          The police officer in AZ knew I was from CO and asked if I had done traffic school before. I said no, and she said I could do online traffic school to get the ticket dismissed. So I believe I am eligible for traffic school in AZ.

I am just afraid that CA and AZ will cross check eachother, see that I have done 2 traffic school dismissals in 18 months and revoke one of the dismissals.

I am wondering if I should do CA first, or AZ first, or if that makes a difference.

Comment

I don't know that either will accept an out of state enrollment. Police officers are not a good source for traffic ticket outcomes when they are the citing officer.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

I don't know that either will accept an out of state enrollment. Police officers are not a good source for traffic ticket outcomes when they are the citing officer.
              So I spoke to the AZ court and they said: "Good afternoon Luke. I can only speak for the AZ rules, but as long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can attend a Defensive Driving course for your AZ citation. Our rules only apply to citations issued by AZ Law Enforcement."

Then I spoke to the CA DMV and the woman there told me that CA would find out about the AZ dismissal through the "national registry" and that it wouldn't get counted as dismissed.

Do you think she's correct or is there a chance that CA won't cross check the dismissal and I'll have both tickets dismissed (after doing traffic school for both of them). ?

Comment

It is one of those roll the dice issues. Both may appear or neither.

Comment

It is one of those roll the dice issues. Both may appear or neither.
                  Ok. The other option I have entertained is hiring a lawyer service to go to court for me. I'm thinking I have two things going for me:

1) If the police woman thinks I'm going to do traffic school, is there a higher likelihood that she won't show up to court? (She wrote the ticket and told me I should dismiss it with online traffic school).

2) The police woman clocked me while moving in the opposite direction. I know the radar gun is still accurate this way, but is there a higher chance of inaccuracy or of her making a mistake in some way?

Have you had good experiences or heard good things about lawyer service companies that go to court to fight the ticket for you? Here are a couple I found online for AZ

1) aztrafficlawyer dot com
                  2) crcriminallaw dot com

Bottom line, I'm weighing which option has the higher likelihood of the ticket getting dismissed:
                  1) Online traffic school
                  2) Hire a lawyer service to fight the ticket for me

Comment

Unless the case is dismissed you will have to fight the charge at a trial. Check with court clerk regarding your ticket's status as both tickets will put points on your record. Further, you can’t do traffic school back to back. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to consult with an attorney and attempt to resolve this matter.

Comment

Luke2000- What did you do and what was the outcome?

Comment

If you think he's still here after 7 months then you'll have a long wait for a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          Luke2000- What did you do and what was the outcome?
                          I am here I ended up taking an online test for AZ and a test at the DMV in CA and got out of both tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwayman View Post
                            If you think he's still here after 7 months then you'll have a long wait for a reply.
                            Lol thankfully I have email reminders :P (I made the post above that's unregistered).

Comment

Originally posted by luke2000
                              Lol thankfully I have email reminders :P (I made the post above that's unregistered).
                              Hi, I just wonder when you do the traffice school online for the AZ ticket, do you tell them not to report to DMV of CA? I am not sure how this works but I just worry that they will send a copy to your local DMV based on your driver license information so it will be a piss.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X