Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS my license getting suspended?

I recently was pulled over by a Trooper. He informed me that my license was suspended and pulled it on the spot. He said it was for having a FTA in a county I had no knowledge of. I contacted that court and all charges were dropped due to a clerical error. I then went and got my license re-issued by the DMV. I went to my schedules court dates and showed proof of taking care of my legal issues. I paid the fines and went on my way. I received a letter yesterday (four days after my court date) stating that my license will be revoked on May 9th due to driving while suspended. Is this a glitch or will my license be revoked???

Re: IS my license getting suspended?

I wish to inform you that you may contact the authority which has issued the letter regarding license revocation and show them a copy of the court order and receipts for fine paid. You may take a written confirmation from that authority that the matter stands resolved and the license will not be revoked on May 9th due to driving while suspended.

AFF

Comment

So even though the letter was sent AFTER I appeared in court for the ticket the Trooper issued me, my license IS legal and valid and as long as I show them proof that all is taken care of my license will NOT be revoked correct? Wouldn't the DMV have had a flag if my license was to NOT be reissued when they reissued it?

Comment

Originally posted by HisCowgirlAngel View Post
        I recently was pulled over by a Trooper. He informed me that my license was suspended and pulled it on the spot. He said it was for having a FTA in a county I had no knowledge of. I contacted that court and all charges were dropped due to a clerical error. I then went and got my license re-issued by the DMV. I went to my schedules court dates and showed proof of taking care of my legal issues. I paid the fines and went on my way. I received a letter yesterday (four days after my court date) stating that my license will be revoked on May 9th due to driving while suspended. Is this a glitch or will my license be revoked???
        Hard to tell.

How about a little more detail about this alleged clerical error that started this whole mess? What were these legal issues that led to the FTA being issued in the first place? Is there any reason you should have known about the suspension, but just assumed it must be wrong and did nothing about it prior to being pulled over?
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I had a vehicle years ago that was registered in another county. It broke down so I quit paying the taxes on it and turned in the plates to the court house when I got notice on it. A clerical issue said I still needed to appear in court for expired tags and registration because someone didn't let them know I voluntarily turned in my plates. I also did not receive an notice that my license was suspended or up for suspension until yesterday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X