Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Speeding Ticket With Wrong Information

Hello and thank you in advance for the help! I was recently issued a speeding ticket in PA. After reviewing my printed citation I noticed that the information on the RADAR device used appears to be incorrect. In the section listing the handheld RADAR information it reads: "Date Equip. Tested - 12/31/2002" Clearly this is a typo (should read 2012). Is this worth bringing up when I go to my court trial?

Re: PA Speeding Ticket With Wrong Information

An excusable mistake. You can bring it up, but it's unlikely to make a difference (it's not going to get you out of the ticket unless it really WAS last tested/calibrated in 2002, which is very doubtful).
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

I wish to inform you that speeding ticket can be contested by you. In this generally the mistake must be material mistake and date factor can be taken by court as writing mistake but however you can argue that if facts present on ticket is correct then your ticket is wrongly issued to you and thus should be dismissed. You can further argue that conclusive evidence is not built in this case.

AFF

Comment

Thank you for your help. One other question about it... As far as documented location goes, The new PA citations are all electronic and are pretty vague. My printed location on the citation reads: "ON US-422 E 2247 FEET WEST OF UNNAMED STREET" I clearly know where I was pulled over but according to this, it could practically be anywhere. Any grounds to question this?

Comment

You are free to subpoena the radar records and officers statement. You have not indicated an error that would cause the case to go in your favor. You need evidence.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X