X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reckless driving and 90 days in jail.

CALIF.

I would like to appeal a sentence, which I received after pleading guilty. I only plead guilty because the subpar attorney .I am very scared to speak in court and therefor can not represent myself. Just before my trial was to commence the subpar lawyer I had hired suddenly decided to increase the amount of money he desired to run a trial unable to come up with the funds he persuaded me to plead guilty. he said no jail time.

But, I was given 90 days in jail. So I really wanna appeal or do something.

I have no funds so what can i do now? Mr. Subpar wont return my calls now.

No money, no appeal. Sorry.

When you get out, drive carefully and obey all the traffic laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyre322 View Post
      CALIF.

I would like to appeal a sentence, which I received after pleading guilty. I only plead guilty because the subpar attorney .I am very scared to speak in court and therefor can not represent myself. Just before my trial was to commence the subpar lawyer I had hired suddenly decided to increase the amount of money he desired to run a trial unable to come up with the funds he persuaded me to plead guilty. he said no jail time.

But, I was given 90 days in jail. So I really wanna appeal or do something.

I have no funds so what can i do now? Mr. Subpar wont return my calls now.

California has some public defender services available for appeals that involve potential incarceration. (they used to have even more) Check to see what is available if anything in your area. Contact the public defender office and they will guide you on possible appeals services or other organizations that they recommend. Also check with local law schools, many have appeals services done by students at no cost. You cannot do the appeal yourself, it's just too difficult.

If you can't find anything let us know. Maybe others have ideas as well.

Comment

OK, I am working on this. Thx!

Comment

Well I am making some progress, it isn't easy.
          I have received some help and may get a defender. I will keep you updated. THX!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)