USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speeding ticket SC -- What happens to my driving record?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding ticket SC -- What happens to my driving record?

I got stopped for speeding in South Carolina 61in35. So what happens to my driving record? the fine was printed on the ticket 388.00 The officer said if I went to court he would be there he could ask the judge for lower fine or lower points can't remember which.

Re: Speeding ticket SC

I wish to inform you that you may attend the court hearing for the traffic ticket. You may present the weather report like rain, etc. if it can help show that the speed measured was not correct. You may draw a sketch of the site where you were given the traffic ticket to show if the view of the police officer was blocked or any other information which could assist to show your view point. You may also conduct Discovery to get information on the radar gun to see if the calibration of the radar gun was not correct. On the day of the hearing you may reach the court on time appropriately dressed and show your view point to the court respectfully. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. Alternatively, you may pay the fine.

AFF

Comment

Re: Speeding ticket SC -- What happens to my driving record?

Originally posted by ldlucas View Post
      I got stopped for speeding in South Carolina 61in35. So what happens to my driving record? the fine was printed on the ticket 388.00 The officer said if I went to court he would be there he could ask the judge for lower fine or lower points can't remember which.
      What you have been advised to do is in effect plead guilty and throw yourself on the court's mercy. Without mitigating circumstances, or a program like in some states where if you take a driver's course (school), thereby avoiding points -- you will end up with a serious ticket on your license. 61 in a 35 is nothing minor.

What will most likely happen is an increase in your insurance rates unless you can get the infraction lowered and/or avoid the points. In some cities there are lawyers who specialize in defending traffic tickets, promising to avoid point AND school -- at a relatively low cost. That would be my first choice.

Comment

Re: Speeding ticket SC -- What happens to my driving record?

If you are paying the fine is an admission that you are guilty and adds points against your driving record. If you want to contest the charges, by yourself or with a lawyer's help, you can do so by appearing in court. Contact the District Attorney's office for the county where the ticket was issued and ask for the prosecuting attorney assigned to the date and time of your scheduled court appearance. Without admitting to wrongdoing, ask the attorney if a negotiated plea arrangement can be worked out before the court date.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X