Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fr Suspension (FL drivers licence)

Hello, my mom's licence was suspended in 2011 and it says for Fr Suspension. I know that Fr Suspension is when you owe money for an accient that you were in. Well, my question is the car she was driving was her boyfriends car and he did not have insurance on it. They ended up holding both of them responsible for paying for the accident. Since then he is not paying for any of it and she is stuck with the full bill and no licence. Is there anything she can do? Was she at fault for him not having insurance? Someone please help. I looked her licence up on the FL drivers licence website and this is the case number, 311542300.

re: Fr Suspension (FL drivers licence)

If they were held joint and severally liable then essentially each person is held to paying it off, it's not split 50/50, etc. She needs to check the wording where she was ordered to pay.

Comment

re: Fr Suspension (FL drivers licence)

yes, they told her she will have to pay it in full to get her licence back if he chooses to pay nothing. It just doesn't seam right to me.

Comment

Re: Fr Suspension (FL drivers licence)

Originally posted by cjb1983 View Post
        yes, they told her she will have to pay it in full to get her licence back if he chooses to pay nothing. It just doesn't seam right to me.
        Right or not, it's absolutely fair.

It was your mom's responsibility to make sure that the vehicle she was driving was legally registered and insured before getting behind the wheel and driving it. Or she would have had to have insurance of her own that covered her driving someone else's vehicle. Either way, as the driver, it is HER financial responsibility to make sure that there is insurance coverage.

She chose to drive, ignorant of whether or not the boyfriend had insured his car. Since she was the one behind the wheel, if HE doesn't choose to pay, then she will have to in order to get her license reinstated.
        "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
        "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
        "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X