Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$850 speeding ticket in Ashburn, Georgia !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $282 speeding ticket in Ashburn, Georgia !!

When one looks to the reliability of a post, they examine its accuracy. You claim the GA State Police automatically add 10 mph to everyones speed, yet you say they only added 7 to yours. FAIL

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just to let everyone know that Turner County, Ashburn, GA is picking on drivers. I was driving on October 3, 2013 about 8 am on I-75. I had cruise control on and was doing 78mph. The cop pulled me over and said I was doing 85mph. I almost had to laugh inside because I am from GA and are aware of the super speeder laws. Super speeder laws start at 85 mph and there is a $200 fee payable to GA State after you pay Turner County their outrageous fee. This is my first ticket ever and have lost all faith in police officers. They are upping the speeding numbers just to get the fines increased for their county. I hope the State Attorney General looks into this county. This is definitely HIGHWAY ROBBERY. I have hired an attorney to fight this ticket because I do not want points on my license and have to pay more in insurance. I was travelling with my teenage kids and would never speed 85mph. That is not setting a good example for my kids. Please do not speed through exit 100 to exit 70 on I-75 through GA. They will pull you over and add at least 10 mph to your speed.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: $850 speeding ticket in Ashburn, Georgia !!

Never mind the limit there is 70 (although it drops to 60 in one stretch).

You should read up on cruise control, it's not as exact as you think.

Comment

Originally posted by goddessoflubboc View Post
        Never mind the limit there is 70 (although it drops to 60 in one stretch).

You should read up on cruise control, it's not as exact as you think.
        Neither are radar guns. Terrible point.

Comment

Just got me... complete b.s.. exactly what everyone is saying I was getting 86mph what a ****ing joke!!!

Comment

Just got me... complete b.s.. exactly what everyone is saying I was getting 86mph what a ****ing joke!!!
            What is a joke is that you seem to think it's so outrageous that you could be held legally responsible for payment on a ticket you earned.

Super Speeder laws in Georgia serve a purpose. They are no secret. To most people, ignorance is bliss - unless or until they actually get caught breaking the law.

Here's a suggestion. How about you stop speeding out of control, and you won't find yourselves facing a massive Super Speeder mega-ticket payment? Because it's clearly obvious that complaining about it after the fact is a waste of time, since any reasonable person would already have known what the consequences were, taken preventative steps, and avoided incurring the penalty altogether.
            "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
            "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
            "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Sandy please. The point is that they are adding to your actual mph. My cruise control was set at 79mph but the super speeding rule is 85. If I would of been aware of the law I would of for sure called out the official on it. But when you have 600 plus miles to drive you're just in a hurry to get home. So I call bs.

Comment

This info is a good read. Sandy sour paints I'll bet your a real hoot to hang out with smh!

Comment

My wife just got pulled over on 75 in Ashburn, Turner County, GA. She had a friend in the car and their kids coming back from vacation. She had the cruise control at 80mph with cars all around her going faster.

Officer accused the kids of not having seat belts on. Pulled my wife out on the busy highway, questioned her about who's kids they were (why?), then questioned the kids for their names, made them roll the windows down and looked around (for contraband candy I guess?).

We would NEVER not use seat belts, much less not seatbelt our kids. NEVER. EVER. After my wife tried to explain this to the officer she was told to shut up or go to jail (on New Year's Eve!!). He didn't have time to explain because they were on a busy highway (no kidding). She cried, my kids cried for miles after being sent on their way.

Ticket was for 86 in a 75 too (coincidentally). Seat belt tickets for only 2/3 of the children (why?).

Yes, we happened to be from out of state too. This is illegal. This is lies. This is a scam.

Turner County and Officer Martin Coalson - I hope you can live with yourself. Stealing, upsetting a pregnant woman, her kids and putting a damper on a vacation and a birthday for a child recovering from cancer. There is a special place for you. To top it off, my family will never trust police in quite the same way again. You're doing a bang-up job for the community and in life. May the New Year bring you the worst.

If anyone has contested their ticket from out of state, please post what you did and what the result was. Thank you for your help.

Comment

You seriously have a credibility problem, when you claim you intentionally ignore the law and then complain when ticketed for it.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

So what you're saying is my wife should just pay a speeding ticket for the speed she was actually going?

Then after that the cop should be charged with conspiracy against civil rights & deprivation of rights without probable cause?

OK, deal!

PS. are you smoking the sheriff's pot too?

Comment

I suggest she plead not guilty and take her case to trial. I am sure the court will give her testimony due credit when she testifies she routinely and intentionally breaks traffic laws and could give a rats butt about them.

So what you're saying is my wife should just pay a speeding ticket for the speed she was actually going?

Then after that the cop should be charged with conspiracy against civil rights & deprivation of rights without probable cause?

OK, deal!

PS. are you smoking the sheriff's pot too?

Comment

I wish I had read all these earlier! Did any of you have a hard time getting a hold of the Clerk's office? I have been trying to call since I received my ticket. And the same thing happened to me. I may have been speeding and not realized it by going with the traffic and not checking the speed. But I was not going as fast as they said in the car I was driving considering the conditions and heavy traffic on the road at the time. If so I'm sure I would be a race car driver or had lots of tickets already and understand the system better.

I appreciate the tough job they do, but where were they when I almost got ran over from two vehicles racing that exited right before I got this ticket? One was even similar to my car and crossed 3 lanes to exit. But I agree I've never heard of someone giving the ticket as fast as they gave me mine. Wonder if it was the same guy that gave all of us our tickets?

Comment

My wife just got pulled over on 75 in Ashburn, Turner County, GA. She had a friend in the car and their kids coming back from vacation. She had the cruise control at 80mph with cars all around her going faster.

Officer accused the kids of not having seat belts on. Pulled my wife out on the busy highway, questioned her about who's kids they were (why?), then questioned the kids for their names, made them roll the windows down and looked around (for contraband candy I guess?).

We would NEVER not use seat belts, much less not seatbelt our kids. NEVER. EVER. After my wife tried to explain this to the officer she was told to shut up or go to jail (on New Year's Eve!!). He didn't have time to explain because they were on a busy highway (no kidding). She cried, my kids cried for miles after being sent on their way.

Ticket was for 86 in a 75 too (coincidentally). Seat belt tickets for only 2/3 of the children (why?).

Yes, we happened to be from out of state too. This is illegal. This is lies. This is a scam.

Turner County and Officer Martin Coalson - I hope you can live with yourself. Stealing, upsetting a pregnant woman, her kids and putting a damper on a vacation and a birthday for a child recovering from cancer. There is a special place for you. To top it off, my family will never trust police in quite the same way again. You're doing a bang-up job for the community and in life. May the New Year bring you the worst.

If anyone has contested their ticket from out of state, please post what you did and what the result was. Thank you for your help.

I do understand and was stopped a couple of days before your wife. I have tried to call and have not been able to reach anyone until today. I'm not perfect but I agree with you. What have you done?

Comment

This is crazy! My husband and I just got pulled over in Ashburn, GA by officer Martin Coalson. He accused my husband of going 88, when we were going 75 with the cruise control on as well. There is no way we were driving 88 mph in traffic. We are aware of the Super Speeder Laws as well so won't even try to go over 75. This definitely needs to be investigated and reported.

Comment

I suggest you report this issue to the GA Atty General. Perhaps they will investigate the officers activities.
                                AGO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X