The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nothing happened, now police say could be charged for not responding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nothing happened, now police say could be charged for not responding

car in front of me at red light starts to take off when light turned green. I proceed as well, car in front slammed brakes, my bumper tapped (lightly) her trailer hitch. After both parties inspected vehicles, no damage was evedent, we went on our way. 24 hrs after, policeman shows at my ome looking for me.
    I was not home, but they have my cell number and call me. Officer says he needs some details from me, I tell him where I'm located but he said it wasn't conveinent for him at that time to go to that location. 48 hours after they show at home again, I was not home (I work nights), the officer preceeded to tell my father in a irretaited tone that if I did not meet with him within 48 hours I would be charged with failing to report, as well as careless driving. There wasn't any careless driving in the first place, can they charge you with something out the blue like that?

Need help ASAP as I only have another 24 hours to reach the said officer.
    [email protected] in Ontario

Re: nothing happened, now police say could be charged for not responding

No--not if both parties at the accident agreed to leave. That is a baseless threat. But do see him eventually.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X