Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 yr old speeding ticket, called to court tomorrow

Hello. I apparently received a speeding ticket in 2000, i have no recollection of this ticket or any notices for failure to pay. now recently, i received a summonse in the mail to appear in court march 19th, 2007.

During the 7 years since this ticket, i have renewed my drivers license, my registration, and also paid off several late parking tickets for which my registration WAS suspended, all without the DMV every saying "hey, you also have this outstanding speeding ticket".

Now, if i had an outstanding moving violation, for 7 years no less, wouldn't there have been an arrest warrant issued for me? And wouldn't the DMV refuse my requests for renewals? Do i have a case to argue in traffic court tomorrow, or am i going to have to pay? Worse, am i going to appear for court, and be booked for a warrant i have never been made aware of?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Re: 7 yr old speeding ticket, called to court tomorrow

Explan just as you have done here and normally you will simply pay and be done with it.

Comment

What the hell!?

What about "Speedy Trial" law, this in my (not a lawyer) opinion should be dismissed!!

It concerns me that this is the advice given in this situation!

Comment

You can ask a judge to dismiss it but they normally will not unless you prove the state erred and did not notify etc. If it is worth the time, take it to court.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X