major error by speeding ticket officer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major error by speeding ticket officer?

I just received a 40/25 speeding ticket for $132. I am very annoyed because I don't believe that he clocked my speed accurately (I was in the process of slowing down in a speed limit change zone) but beyond that he didn't have me sign the ticket and explain "This is not an admission of guilt..."! Is this enough to dismiss the ticket in court? Of course I have a copy of the ticket with no signature, what should I do next?

Re: major error by speeding ticket officer?

I know I am responding to my own post but I wanted some feedback on this idea. I was thinking about calling the Municipal Court Office and saying that the officer that pulled me over seemed rushed and didn't give me a ticket and told me I could go on my way (he was actually talking on his radio to somebody else the entire time) and that I am just calling to confirm that no ticket was turned in at the end of the day regarding my citation. When they say there was one turned in, tell them I never received the ticket and never signed one. Would this work or would they just mail me a new ticket?

Comment

It is risky to be untruthful; that is an offense.

Most courts will allow the ticket to continue even if you did not sign.

See this for helpful hints too:

http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/903/F...ng_ticket.html

Comment

what do you think I should do? Do I use this unsigned ticket in my favor somehow?

Comment

The unsigned issue usually does not work unfortunately.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X