Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident resulting in speeding ticket

New Hampshire - I was involved in an accident where I rearended a car which had spun out on black ice in front of me. When I applied my brakes obviously i began to slip on the black ice as well and ended up hitting the median and the back end of the other car. Subsequently, a city police officer was called to the scene and I was issued a summons for "excessive speed". The first question I have, how can the officer prove I was speeding? It is common knowledge in these parts that if you can hit ice at 2 mph and start sliding with no control! I would think it would have been smarter on the cop's part to issue a "reckless" ticket which would be more obvious, since it did result in an accident. Also, why wasn't the other driver summoned for losing control of her vehicle??

My other question, if I am invovled in an accident, is any ticket issued even worth fighting or is it going to be automatically prosecuted? I have already had to pay out in insurance, my rates will go up and if I just pay the fine I will have this on my driving record for the next 7 years and insurance will go up even more!

I have spoken with various attorneys - some have said just pay the fine and suck it up, another has said he'd take the case but no guarantees, some have called and spoken directly with the DA office and others have just blown me off completely after hearing my situation.

I guess I am just trying to find out of fighting this ticket is going to be possible - I would think that since there is no way to prove my speed, it would be thrown out anyways, but then again, why would the DA even let it go to trial if that were the case? Does an accident really prove I was speeding?

Re: accident resulting in speeding ticket

If you hit the car from behind there is a presumption that you were going to fast.

You have to overcome that. But is always worth fighting a speeding ticket if you have the time and desire. See the lengthy article on this site.

Comment

Re: accident resulting in speeding ticket

There are so many accidents caused every year due to over speed. To overcome this its good to have the speeding tickets. Sometimes we will be issued tickets if there is no fault on our side. Even I experienced the same. We need to check regularly if there any traffic tickets are issued.
      http://www.florida-drivingrecord.com/
      http://www.drug-and-alcohol-test.us/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X