USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Hardship, how do I change my payment options?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hardship, how do I change my payment options?

    I owe the state of Arizona an exhorbitant amount of money on traffic fines (over $5400) and late last year I signed an agreement to pay them in full with my tax return. At the time the prosecutor told me if I got my drivers license they would reduce the fines by half, however I cannot get my license UNTIL the fines are paid so I am stuck in the ultimate catch-22. Since then I have fallen on extreme hardship(lost my job, my home, my ex-husband was laid off and stopped paying child support,lost my car and have had several expensive medical issues arise, did not receive as much of a tax return as I thought I would) and am now unable to honor the agreement. Is there a way to petition the court to consider reworking the fines due to hardship? Or, if necessary, a way to find out which fines are actually arrestable so that I can just pay those til I get on my feet? Or can I convert any of the fines to community service?

  • #2
    Re: Hardship, how do I change my payment options?

    In this you can write a letter to the judge requesting him to reduce your fine or allowing you to have a set off of your civil penalties by public work or by community service program. You will also have to explain all your hardship and reasons why you cannot pay at this time. If you request the traffic clerk, he may provide you with the Fax number of the judge where you can forward the letter.



    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.