Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some advice 83 in 55 but it wasnt REALLY ME!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice 83 in 55 but it wasnt REALLY ME!!

ok so this is what happend i was i 64 in va and i was on cruise control going 60 in 55 then this 2007 pontiac g8 comes speeding up behind me so i get on the outer lane (its a 4 lane road) and as soon as he passes me we pass a cop hiding where the median splits. the pontiac quickly brakes but keeps going and i keep doing my regular 60 when the cop comes behind me and pulls me over. what BS!!! what should i do? i been reading these forums and also "waht to do in court" article. but i wanted to see if theres maybe something else i can do? thanks

Re: need some advice 83 in 55 but it wasnt REALLY ME!!

Just showing up and honestly telling your story will get you out of up to 30% of tickets. And will reduce others.

Be respectful, show up, and explain you were not speeding etc.

Comment

yeah thats what i thought bc unlike other people who actually and fight for it ( which is a good thing to do) i honestly did not do this one and really gets me mad. wish me luck my courts tomorrow morning

Comment

What's BS about it? You admit you had your cruise control set at 60 in a 55 mph zone. It was merely a roll of the dice who the cop went after, as both of you were apparently speeding. So it was you.

Some cops are so particular about their positions that they will stop and cite speeding tickets for that little of an amount over the speed limit. While they may seem picayune, the ticket is legally enforceable and you either must pay it or fight it.

If you go into court and tell your story as you told it here, you will be laughed out of court. You cannot explain that you had your cruise control set to 60 in 55 mph zone and then follow up by stating it's BS that the cop stopped your for speeding because it wasn't you who was speeding.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X