Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake in Ticket -- Wrong Vehicle Model

I have been told MANY times that if an officer makes a mistake of any kind in a traffic ticket, that it could be "Thrown Out". My question is that i recently recieved a ticket for going through a stop sign. Now, the officer put on the ticket that my vehicle was a 2007 model, when it is actually only a 2005. Does this mean I could get away with it? Beause technically, it's not my car that was wrote up. I live in Ontario, Canada.
    Regards,
    Brad.

re: Mistake in Ticket -- Wrong Vehicle Model

That is not true; the court will very often just correct minor errors. It happens all the time.

But for helpful hints see also:

http://www.worldlaw.eu/article/903/F...ng_ticket.html

Comment

The car was not charged with the violation. Unless you are not who you are it will not be dismissed. Just because you have heard something many times does not make it a fact.

Comment

What if the officer wrote down your license expiration date the same as my birthdate... in 1983? Also, got the color of my car wrong.

Comment

That is not going to help you, the judge will normally just correct it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X