Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay! I beat my ticket (Texas speeding tickets)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yay! I beat my ticket (Texas speeding tickets)

Worked for me when I contested. Showed up late and missed my initial call so stuck around to the end when they made a second round and the cop was long gone by then. Cost 4 hours of my day but saved the points and $220 fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I searched on the internet and I found this site
      Defending the Law and my speeding ticket | The World's Greatest Guy
      basically I copied his letter for an open records request but it should be titled "request for discovery" according to the prosecutor. Some of it was info that I didnt even need, but i was hoping they would get the letter and say its not worth doing all the work over a $160 ticket,but i was wrong. You should request a video of the stop if the have it.

Goodluck!
      I went to the website, but his request for information is a broken link. Do you still have the document? Could you send it to me?

Comment

Do you still have the document for the records request? I visited the link that you posted and the link to the records request is broken.

Comment

Ignoring a Traffic Ticket can result in a warrant for your arrest or have your driver license suspended. As result, you will not be able to legally drive in that area. If you really want to get out Of speeding ticket then it’s easy to pay online or hiring a professional who can guide you in that case. I m sharing a few articles on the basis of traffic tickets fines and penalties as per the speed that you must be aware of and follow them as well.

Comment

After six months I doubt this guy is still waiting around for your advice.

Comment

Hi,
              It's good, that you have beaten your speeding ticket. According to me, hiring an experienced traffic ticket lawyer is a good way to beat the ticket, because he will guide you and help you to avoid the high fine of traffic ticket.
              Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by jamessamuel
                Hi,
                According to me...
                Yes, you are the traffic ticket god.

Comment

Last week I have been issued speed ticket at US route 65 of Benton County of Kansas city for driving at 45 mph on 35 mph speed limit. I appeared before judge but he didn't hear me and told me to appear with lawyer. On next date I appeared with my lawyer and he has taken the plea, why I was not informed earlier to appear with lawyer. After hearing, judge has no point with him and he has to exempt me from all the fine.

Comment

I guess you like to see your name on posts. This thread is dead - if you have a question start your own.

Comment

Hi

I am totally new to Texas and to USA. I was travelling from Irvin, TX to Sulphur spring, TXs last month on a rental car and pulled over by a cop on a way and gave a speeding ticket. on the way back my got stuck and had to get road side assistance and left that car on the highway and at the end I totally lost the ticket and I have no track record of it, I don't remember what type of the cop was (Sheriff /Local/ Highway). I tried to call many courts to locate the ticket, I visited online sites like www.texasfailuretoappear.com etc and also called DPS no one has the record and I never received any mail regarding the citation. I am so concerned on how to get the ticket details before it gets too complicated. Its been 40 days already, can some one please guide me how to get through this situation.

Comment

Hi everybody!
                        Does Florida allow you to submit discovery to the officers in a traffic ticket dispute?

Comment

Well I did it on the photo camera issues, but the judge approved it.

BTW the article in post 1 of this discussion is very helpful!!

Comment

There are many approaches to challenging the ticket. I agree that the article referenced above is a good article. But you have to assess the circumstances and you really do have to have a legitimate claim, otherwise it's simply best to pay the ticket and try to control your speeding in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Highwayman View Post

Yes, you are the traffic ticket god.
                              LOL maybe he is?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                                Texas

I love this site I went to court this morning for my jury trial for a speeding ticket (Yes, the Texas constitution allows us to select a jury trial). I had previously asked for documents that the prosecutor did not provide. I found this site yesterday and went to the link listed in a bunch of threads, there was a bunch of diff dismissals so before the prosecutor even had the opportunity to do her opening statement I asked the judge to dismiss it because I was denied the evidence to defend myself. I handed him th letters and cert of mailing for the multiple times I asked for docs and my phone records for all the calls I made to county atty's office. The judge was not pleased but he had no choice but to dismiss it. The county atty was fuming, but I have to give it to her she remained polite and professional. The cop was there and everything with a video (that i wasnt allowed to see). Sorry about the long post, but I just saved money on ticket and higher insurance. Yay for me!!

site where i found the dismisals:
                                WORLDLawDirect - Fighting a speeding ticket

​​​​​​​Me too just had great results. Awesome.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X