Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 previous points (speeding) and DUI in CA. Driving with foreing license?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 previous points (speeding) and DUI in CA. Driving with foreing license?

I have two points on my driving record (speeding tickets). Now I have a pending DUI with BAC of 0.082. This is my first offense.
    My main concern is having my license suspended since I work on outside sales.
    For how long can I get my licence suspended given my previous points???
    I have a driver license from my country of origen. What do you think may happen if I drive with the foreing license?

Re: 2 previous points (speeding) and DUI in CA. Driving with foreing license?

If they suspend you, you are not supposed to drive-- period! or you may be arrested and jailed.

You might ask for a work-only license--to and from work.

Comment

Re: 2 previous points (speeding) and DUI in CA. Driving with foreing license?

It's unclear how you retained an active license from your country of origin, but it will do no good to drive with it now. It's considered, by the current country you reside in, to be invalid anyway, as you have a new license with a new country.

That said, you will probably get the standard 90 day suspension, and possibly 2 days jail time.

If you are caught driving with a suspended license, and you whip out your license from your country of origin, you will still be arrested and charged with operating after suspension. You will likely also be charged with trying to pass off an invalid license as valid, so think carefully before you use your old license from your former country.

If your main concern is losing your license, it's unclear why you chose to drink and drive. But be that as it may, you did, and now your license will be suspended.

You can request a work permit that allows you to drive only to and from work, but caught driving outside of those parameters and you will be arrested and charged, and you license will be suspended even longer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X