Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI, BREATH REFUSAL

MY SON HAS A CITATION WRITTEN WITH THESE TWO CHARGES ONLY. I WAS TOLD THAT IF THAT IS ALL THAT IS WRITTEN ON THE CITATION THOSE ARE THE ONLY CHARGES HE WOULD RECEIVE, BUT A FEW WEEKS LATER I WAS TOLD HE HAD OTHER CHARGES HE WILL RECEIVE ON THE DAY OF COURT IS THIS ALLOWED OR LEGAL I HAVE NO OTHER FORMS OF PAPERS SAYING OF ANY OTHER CHARGES THIS IS HIS FIRST OFFENCE NO CRIMINAL RECORD HISTORY AT ALL HE IS BIPOLAR AND WAS IN A SEVERE STATE WHEN THIS HAPPENED THANKS

Re: DUI, BREATH REFUSAL

No, you normally cannot be surprised with new charges the day of court; you may ask for an extension if that happens so that you may consult counsel etc.

Comment

thank you kindly for your fast response , this just happened in oct but my son started developing this mental illness in march , in and out of hospital and on antidepressant drugs which i was trying to control which nearly took his life i am trying to gather all mental assesments from the doctors for the courts to see in hopes to help him he was in such a depressed state which i feel triggered this to happen my questions are.will a judge take into consideration, mental illness involved and do you plead guilty or not guilty as he has never been in trouble with the law, first offence thanks again

Comment

A judge will consider it but actual medical testimony may help more; you should get a lawyer or at least the public defender to help.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X