Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California DUI Attorney Challenges Marijuana DUI Laws

San Diego DUI lawyer Lawrence Taylor claims that California DUI laws should not be applied to marijuana usage. Unlike alcohol and many drugs, he says, marijuana probably does not impair driving.

Taylor, known nationally as "The Dean of DUI Attorneys," argues that although it has always been assumed that cannabis, like alcohol, affects the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, the studies do not support that.

On the one hand, the California Department of Justice has found that marijuana impairs psychomotor abilities that are functionally related to driving, particularly at high-dose levels or among inexperienced users. ("Marijuana and Alcohol: A Driver Performance Study," California Office of Traffic Safety
    Project No. 087902)

However, the San Diego DUI defense attorney points out, two federal studies contradict this.

More...

San Diego DUI Attorney Challenges Marijuana DUI Laws | Reuters

Re: California DUI Attorney Challenges Marijuana DUI Laws

[he says, marijuana probably does not impair driving.]

Then he never tried it!!

Comment

Marijuana "probably" does not impair driving ability. I'm sure we can all feel safer on the roads because it's "probably" safe to drive on them. If one cannot ascertain for certain whether or not it is, then PROBABLY does not cut it.

Child molesters are "probably" disturbed too.

Comment

Yeah this is first time I am hearing something like that. My cousin who works with a DUI attorney Los Angeles often tells me that around 20 percent of people slapped with DUI as those who had taken weed. So it definitely impact things.

Comment

The stats from the states that recently legalized marijuana will tell the tale, DUI arrests in Colorado and Washington State. 2014-2015 stats vs previous years will tell whether or not marijuana use impacts psychomotor abilities. Not to mention perception of what is actually going on.

I sure don't want to face someone on the road who is stoned behind the wheel.

Comment

In spite of the studies that you have read about marihuana and driving, it seems that is still ilegal and considered it a DUI offence. Check this article about the connection between marijuana use and DUI laws in Florida

https://www.theticketclinic.com/blog...i-laws-florida

best!

d

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X