Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving record question

I was arrested in October 2004 for a DUI which, long story short, was reduced to reckless driving. I recently pulled up my driving record and found that both the DUI and the reckless driving charges are on my report. Granted, they have the same ticket number. Is this legal? It has affected my ability to obtain certain jobs and I am curious as to whether it should only reference my reckless driving charge. What's the story?

Call the DMV and the court records clerk and have them reflect was what was actually the result; you may have to be persistent. The DUI normally should not show now.

Comment

Re: Driving record question

That is the flaw with the court records system. The original charges along with the final disposition are entered into the records. Even if the charges end up being dismissed, or you win the case and are found innocent of all charges or if, as in your case, the original charges are reduced, both will appear on your record. The original charges appear under that heading, then the amended charges and final disposition. The system is flawed, only the final disposition should be entered, for exactly the reasons that you stated - it has a detrimental effect on the people even if they were innocent of the original charges - they can lose jobs, apartments, clients, potential friends, etc. as these records are open to the public and with the internet, easily accessible. But nothing will change until people band together and start lobbying for change - look what it did for M.A.D.D. ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X