Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charged with over 80 mg/100 ml of alcohol

I’m asking in behalf of a friend that lives in Ontario, Canada.

He was charged with ‘Over 80 miligrams of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood’ only (excess alcohol). His readings are 162 (mililitres of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood) and 150 (mililitres of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood).

His lawyer set up a trial after 8 months and said that he has 50/50 chances to win. Although his lawyer said at the very begin that this case has high chances to win.

His lawyer asked for huge amount of money, in my friend's opinion ($7,000 for pri-trail meeting and $8,000 for 1 day in court). Being very scared he paid the money and already had 1 trial day. Is this price reasonable?! The lawyer didn’t even try to delay the court day.. He is saying now that it will take longer then expected, maybe another 2 days for trial and is asking for more money.. What are his chances? Should he change the lawyer? It is already in the middle of the process.. I mention that he was stopped at a police ride check point. Please advise. No accident involved. My friend has never been charged by the police before.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Charged with over 80 mg/100 ml of alcohol

Normally DUI cases cost around 2500 dollars to take to court.

Call around and get trial quotes from several local lawyers and compare.

Comment

Wow.. What a surcharge !!

My freind larady paid $15,000 to the lawyer and the lawyer is saying that he is not sure if he can win.. He said that there will be another 2 days in court and is asking for more money.. Please advise what to do in this case..

Thanks.

Comment

sorry for misspelling.. I wrote in a rush... and I'm really worried..

Comment

Hey,
          Have your blood work done, you may find you have some abnormalities, and some is lacking in your diet, or need vitimins. Wait. I think I
          had my blood pressure tested last physical though. Yeah I did and amazingly he said it was normal. I was popping a freaking vein or something and he's like "Your blood level is totally awesome.

I heard about this already.Normally DUI cases cost around 2500 dollars to take to court. Try once..

[www.legalx.net]

Comment

zd853a
            Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I’m asking in behalf of a friend that lives in Ontario, Canada.

He was charged with ‘Over 80 miligrams of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood’ only (excess alcohol). His readings are 162 (mililitres of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood) and 150 (mililitres of alcohol in 100 mililitres of blood).

His lawyer set up a trial after 8 months and said that he has 50/50 chances to win. Although his lawyer said at the very begin that this case has high chances to win.

His lawyer asked for huge amount of money, in my friend's opinion ($7,000 for pri-trail meeting and $8,000 for 1 day in court). Being very scared he paid the money and already had 1 trial day. Is this price reasonable?! The lawyer didn’t even try to delay the court day.. He is saying now that it will take longer then expected, maybe another 2 days for trial and is asking for more money.. What are his chances? Should he change the lawyer? It is already in the middle of the process.. I mention that he was stopped at a police ride check point. Please advise. No accident involved. My friend has never been charged by the police before.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

That is way above the average price.

Comment

Your friend should have more concerns than the price, he needs to make the proof of goof behavior and eventually attend alcohol rehab to make things easier for him.

Comment

Hey,

The fact that his readings are different gives him a light of hope as the readings should be the same becuase they are done a few minutes apart. The fact that they are different could mean there are issues with the machine, therefor that may be the route the lawyer is taking to win the case.

Personally $15K is too much money to be paying to get off. I know alawyer that will charge $5-6K for EVERYTHING regardless if its one day or 3 years. If you were to think about it, the charge for over 80 is $1000 fine and 1 yr suspension. Is over $15K worth it when really you could pay the fine and just use the bus or transit for MUCH less then $15K.

Comment

I recieved an over 80 charge this past september and my BAC numbers were .107 then 18mins later I blew .103 . But my main concern is , on the notice to registrar sheet that the officer filled out, he didnt spell his own last name correctly....??? would that not make this whole thing null & void ???? i know some ppl have sloppy hand writing but this is a clear cut mistake in his OWN LAST NAME ! where there is an A there should be an E and things just dont compare properly to his name on the BAC reading or his own badge ... please please someone help me with what to do. I have court tomorrow , probably will be a remand but i'd like to get some second opinions and maybe someone out there will know what i can do with the incorrect spelling of his name....

thanks - eric

Comment

Hi,
                      I think they will charge around 2,500 to 5,000$ dollars. If you want to get more information on this issue i will suggest one site for this is very helpful to get more information on DUI charges...
                      http://www.myduiattorney.org/

Comment

these are the laws in ontario. odds are he will not be able to win the case.
                        he will lose license for 1 year, have to attend back on track, and have an interlock device installed in his car for 1 year after the suspension period is over.

i am going through this right now....so i know from personal experience.
                        i didn't bother hiring a lawyer to only lose more money.....its just a waste unless you have a really really good reason...but odds are against you. take your lumps and learn from the mistake.

as well you BAC levels will read different when taken at different times - has nothing to due with a faulty machine.

good luck

Comment

He should have not bothered to get a lawyer, pleaded quilty and paid the fine (~$1200-$1500). He would have avoided the ridiculously inflated lawyer fee and would have ended up with the same verdict . . .quilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            He should have not bothered to get a lawyer, pleaded quilty and paid the fine (~$1200-$1500). He would have avoided the ridiculously inflated lawyer fee and would have ended up with the same verdict . . .quilty.
                            quilty or guilty? LOL

Comment

Reply Eric I jus got an over 80 and the officer put some else's name not mine will that not make the registrar null/void??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X