USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

approached&questioned by cops while parked in my car.now in court facing drug charges

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approached&questioned by cops while parked in my car.now in court facing drug charges

I live in Massachusetts. i was parked on a side street in boston with my son trying to find an address when i was approached by 3 undercover cops. they began questioning me asking why i was there ect.. after answering a few questions they asked me if i had anything illegal. i said no. then one of the officers very angrily snapped at me saying that if i did & didn't cooperate they would search me & my car. if they found anything they would arrest me tow my vehicle and take my 3 year old son away screaming in an ambulance which ill never see him again. Frightened from the thought of losing my son i gave up a small amount of class a substance i happened to have. now I'm going to court facing drug charges... i don't know if what they did to me is even legal!? I feel like it was total police misconduct! Please help i need advice!

Re: approached&questioned by cops while parked in my car.now in court facing drug cha

Of course it was legal. You have the right to exercise your 5th amendment right to self incrimination. You failed to do so. If this is the first charge, hire a lawyer and attempt to obtain diversion rather than conviction.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: approached&questioned by cops while parked in my car.now in court facing drug cha

I wish to inform you that as you were having possession of Class A substance thus you have the burden to deny the charges and show that you were not in possession of such a substance. Police warning may not be considered a defense because you are alleged to possess such substance. If you were arrested and your Miranda rights were not informed then that may be argued in defense and this includes right to remain silent. As police were not allowing you to leave and were questioning you thus you may argue that you were in temporary custody of such officials.

AFF

Comment

I was not arrested. i was let go. I was told if they have not tested the evidence they have no case. is there any way to find out if it was, also if they destroyed it or still have it

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyt610 View Post
          I live in Massachusetts. i was parked on a side street in boston with my son trying to find an address when i was approached by 3 undercover cops. they began questioning me asking why i was there ect.. after answering a few questions they asked me if i had anything illegal. i said no. then one of the officers very angrily snapped at me saying that if i did & didn't cooperate they would search me & my car. if they found anything they would arrest me tow my vehicle and take my 3 year old son away screaming in an ambulance which ill never see him again. Frightened from the thought of losing my son i gave up a small amount of class a substance i happened to have. now I'm going to court facing drug charges... i don't know if what they did to me is even legal!? I feel like it was total police misconduct! Please help i need advice!
          Apparently, you must have been parked in an area of town known for drug use/abuse or trafficking.

When they questioned you, threatened to arrest you, tow your vehicle, and take away your son if you didn't let them search, you had the right to remain silent and to refuse to answer any questions outside the presence of an attorney. Unless they had evidence that you had or had been using drugs, they would not have been able to search without a warrant - until you gave in and consented to the search, that is.

It wasn't misconduct, it was aggressive police work. Obviously, their instincts or observations were right on, as when you allowed them to search, they did find illegal drugs, for which you were charged. You weren't wrongfully charged, and the police did nothing wrong. You're just angry that you were foolish and gullible enough to allow yourself to get caught.

Hire yourself an attorney and have them get you the best deal you possibly can.
          "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
          "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
          "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

What Sandy said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X