USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charged with possession of paraphernalia cop wants me to plea "attemtped possession"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charged with possession of paraphernalia cop wants me to plea "attemtped possession"

Ohio , i gave up alot of rights on this, because i had just woken up but didnt want my grandmother to hear the story. i let a friend borrow my car for the night in exchange for money and a decent amount of a schedule II drug. i was sleeping, police called my house and told my grandma that they were looking for my car. she woke me up (5am) (i live with my grandmother and take care of her) she let the police inside and asked me do i know where my car was, i said no, he told me that the city police were trying to pull over someone in my car and they speed away and fled the cops, he explained all the penalties for lying and such, he asked to look through my phone (yes i should have deleted things) he asked if he could speak to me out in his car.

her i go giving up more rights, he read my text messages and asked me to be honest so i told him the deal i had with the person borrowing my car. i wrote a police statement saying i let someone borrow my car for the night, but to not be involved in dangerous or illegal activities he tried to get me to call the guy with my car (guess he figured he was a dealer and was trying to catch him then) i made the call, cop asked about a pipe i used for my drug, and my dumb bass said it was in my house, he had me go get it, he was gonna "charge" me as to not let my gma know what was really going on and made a fake story for her. so i got charged with (---did knowingly possess or possess with intent to use drug paraphernalia. to wit crack pipe--) officer told me to plea "attempted possession" , and he wont fight it in court. ( why didnt he just write that in the first place!)

>>> Ohio revised code :2928.14 (c) <<<< thats the code on the ticket. my car was brought back an hour later, police arrested driver. police said they may contact me in few days to see if i can help them with info and they might clear my charge. my question is, court date is 8 days away, how do i plea for attempted?? whats the difference? what do i say in court to get a public defender???(not guilty????) will my license be suspended? i have no previous drug anything charges but i have (NO / EXPIRED OL 2ND M3) (NO / EXPIRED OL 6MOS M4) (DUS / NON COMPLIANCE) those were in order 1st to last in 2006, and a NO OL sept. 2011, but i have my license now and was ticketed at my house, not in my car, nowhere near a vehicle. any help with the listed questions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for reading.

Re: charged with possession of paraphernalia cop wants me to plea &quot;attemtped possessi

Try 2925.14C possession of drug paraphernalia, a 4th class misdemeanor. You need to hire a lawyer now. What makes you think you qualify for a PD?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Re: charged with possession of paraphernalia cop wants me to plea &quot;attemtped possessi

i am currently not working, cannot afford a lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by clayday17 View Post
        i am currently not working, cannot afford a lawyer
        So you can afford drugs and a car, but cannot afford a lawyer? How do you pay for your drugs and car?

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Car was paid off 8 years ago. Drugs were givin to me. Activel job searching. Stupid decision making

Comment

At least you are honest. I will throw you the bone you need, instead of getting snarky, as an OH taxpayer. You need to fill out an affadavit of indigence. Take it, completed, to the Clerk of Courts office with a $25 fee. I suggest you attempt to do so ASAP. They might be able to work out a deal with the prosecutor to lower or drop the charge before court. If you cannot be appointed one before court, plead not guilty and request one. Have the form ready.

http://www.opd.ohio.gov/Reimbursemen...itOPD-206R.pdf

http://www.opd.ohio.gov/Reimbursemen...Info_Sheet.pdf

Comment

i will give that a shot. thank you. i was laid off from the G M truck and Bus plant years ago, then i was laid off from a company that went bankrupt. i would much rather be working than making stupid decisions!

Comment

I just have an issue with all the people in OH doing drugs, while they receive all kinds of tax payer services. I am on the other side of the coin, where I have had to decline narcotic pain meds for over 2 decades and suffer, so I could work to support my family. Most of that, I was also subject to random drug testing so I could not even sneak a pain med when not at work. I had to resort to spending my off work evenings consuming alcohol for pain.

Try to get this done ASAP, so if the police have a deal, the PD can work out the details to cover you.

Comment

oh man, that sucks about your pain issues. if you have legitimate pain issues cant a doctor prescribe you something and your employer could not use that against you because you're under a doctors care????? or can employers deny because of that? i have severe ulcerative colitis, i have to take pain meds everyday or i cannot function from the pain. i have a college degree and am a full time care taker.
                  asap, will do

Comment

My job requires stringent medical standards. I have been off on sick leave for about 7 months. Technology finally caught up with some of my damaged disks and pinched nerves, so while I'm off for other issues, I am getting those worked on.

Comment

duplicate

Comment

wow, i know what it is like to deal with constant pain everyday. i have had c. diff twice in 9 months this past year during my last year of school. worst pain ive ever felt. props to you for taking care of your family and dealing with your health issues the only way you can. hopefully the universe will bring good your way to make those pains more bearable so you can have better quality of life than you do now. thank you for your response my buckeye friend. also if i do go to court how would i get the charge to attempted, say not guilty and ask for a PD??

Comment

If they do not provide you with a PD, before court. Plead not guilty and request a PD. Have the affidavit ready to present to the clerk.

Comment

Originally posted by clayday17 View Post
                            (---did knowingly possess or possess with intent to use drug paraphernalia. to wit crack pipe--) officer told me to plea "attempted possession" , and he wont fight it in court. ( why didnt he just write that in the first place!)
                            "Attempted possession", the cop is looney, no such thing.

Any offense a Misdemeanor of the 4th degree or above, if indigent, the defendant is entitled to a public defender. Whether indigent or not, also a Jury trial.

Your best course of action is to enter a plea of not guilty when asked to plea, and ask the court for a PD.

Comment

His exact words were "I shouldn't be telling you this, but when you see the judge, plead attempted possession and it will be lesser of a penalty and i wont fight it."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X