Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was charged for "control of premises" in New Hampshire

My boyfriend and I were pulled over in New Hampshire for a burnt out light and the cop ended up arresting us for 0.4 grams of marijuana. My boyfriend was charged for possession and I was charged for "control of premises". I still don't know exactly what that means and what it will look like on my record. Were going to court next month and don't know what to expect. Will I have to plea? Will I have to pay fees? Is there something I can do to get this off my record?

(His reason for searching us and the vehicle was because the driver "seemed nervous". I know there is a possibility for a motion to supress, but I'm afraid a public defender won't do as good of a job as a paid lawyer in getting that from the judge. Am I right, or is the reason itself good enough?)

re: I was charged for "control of premises"

Make sure you get legal counsel (or at least the public defender) to try to keep this off your record eventually--jail time is not likely if your record is clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on your record could make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision or even be dismissed etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
    X