Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumped up Charges

My friend was set up for a bust by her cousin, a lowlife heroin addict who would stop at nothing to help himself. He even steals his dying mother's SSI checks. The police had him enter his cousins home to allegedly purchase drugs. The door was kicked in and the mother and to girls were cuffed. Four grams of Meth were found on the cousin. She was arrested. It has now come back with the charges of Manufacture with the Intent to Distribute.
    The charges are full of lies, ridiculous, make believe accounts of what happened , with the intent of making my friend look guilty of more than mere possesion. She cannot afford a lawyer to defend her. How can the police get away with blatant lies such as these. How can she or anyone in America beat these bogus charges without a top criminal defense attorney? what happened to, " AND JUSTICE FOR ALL." Thankyou

Re: Trumped up Charges

Make sure you or she gets counsel (or at least the public defender) --jail time is likely avoidable if her record is clear now. But having that arrest and/or a conviction on the record could make job-hunting etc. more difficult. Often this could be negotiated down to some kind of court supervision or even be completely dismissed etc. If it eventually appears it cannot be negotiated down, please let us know...

Comment

The charges are bogus, the task force busted the informant with heroin. He needed someone to snitch on to try to save his own butt. He knew his cousin was a user, so he set up an alleged buy, when he went to her house the next morning no one answered the door as they were sleeping. Unhappy that there so called big bust was falling apart they busted down the door, pointed guns at 3 sleeping women. they found 4 grams on the person of one of the girls(cousin). It was her own personal stuff. She never sold anything to or received any money from the informant. Now she is charged with Manufacturing w/ intent to distribute. the arrest warrant is a fairy tale claiming they found the ingredients to make meth. there list of items taken from the home has none of these. There was none. This girl is from a low income family. Why would you want to put someone away for a crime they did'nt commit. Clogging up the system with addicts who need help based on lies and the help of a heroin addict who routinely steals his dying mothers SSI checks. Andria Van Mierlo is the one in charge of this and many other botched St. Louis County Missouri bogus drug busts where her lies and false documents in her never ending quest for fame is ruining the lives of decent people who's only crime is addiction. thanks

Comment

Funny I saw this post --but frankly I agree, that Andria Van Mierlo is a &^&%$^

Been watching the bullcrap for more than a year--when will it end? I would even support bringing in the feds who are at least somewhat honest.

Disgusted in SL

Comment

Why would you let anyone go to jail and ruin their lives based on anything but the facts? Aren't there enough real criminals out there where you don't have to make up stuff to further your career. Im with you, time to bring in the feds and put this Van mierlo in jail. Any takers in the legal system?

Comment

I don't live in missouri, but not far. What I have just read makes me so sad, and so angry. Unfortunately, I am suffering from very similar circumstances and honestly don't see the end to this nightmare in my near future, or even in ten years. This will surely affect the rest of my life, my son's life, my family, etc.

It scares me to know that police, other government officials, or just about any one person can change our fate. They have turned our justice system into a disgrace. And our freedom is not our own, and no matter who you are, what you accomplish, what you contribute..... no matter what circumstances, there is no one to protect you, not many will believe in you, or can help you, or are willing to even try. Our friends, our families, and members of society or in our community, and we ourselves, walk away, accept things that are unacceptable, and don't or can't fight such injustice.

There are of course, exceptions to this. Once in a blue moon, one lawyer or someone else with the resources or finances might take an interest. They might get that queezy feeling in their stomach that won't let them sleep at night knowing that haven't tried to help. They know there is an injustice. But helping someone else in that capicity might require sacrifice on their part.

I could go on and on because this is so close to my heart. I am not Mother Theresa by any means, but even in the situation that i find myself everyday, as I always have, I almost jump at the chance to make sacrifices, and to do something for someone else that no one else will do.

There are many reasons to help people, but I read once in a book called "What happy people know", about self-less acts & helping others, and the sacrifices they made. Ironically, those self-less acts and sacrifices usually result in exactly the opposite of that. One example of that is the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous. The only way one drunk guy could stay sober was by trying to help someone else get sober. Obviously there's probably a better and more precise way to tell this story, but my concern is only to share my lesson.

If anything, after reading this, please just say a prayer for each of us who share these experiences, and pray for me, that I don't lose sight in the value of helping others. Some days I find myself wondering why, or how, this is happening to me, and I cry and get so angry and begin to think, that it doesn't pay to help others and make those sacrifices, and that i need to start thinking about myself 1st. Pray that I always see through that evil, and that my faith in God and humanity are real and true, and that my entire belief system might be contagious and maybe one person that reads this might have the strenghth to beat the evil that causes so much trauma and pain in our lives and just make a SACRIFICE.

Comment

Public recognition of the specific issue may help; the more that know the better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X