Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would be considered tampering with a Drug Test?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be considered tampering with a Drug Test?

What would be considered tampering with a Drug Testing?

Re: What would be considered tampering with a Drug Test?

drug tampering
    Clinical pharmacology The inappropriate or illegal alteration of a drug formulated under specified conditions; DT may occur either at the manufacturer or at the pharmacy before its distribution to the consumer. Cf Tylenol™ incident.

see also...

drug testing: adulterating urine samples
    Adulterating urine samples, or altering a specimen by changing its concentration, is a common practice that drug abusers use to hide the presence of drugs in their system. Typical adulteration occurs by diluting the urine, either by adding water to their specimen or by drinking large amounts of water to over-hydrate themselves. By diluting the specimen, the concentration of drugs becomes less, sometimes falling below the established cut-off marks for detection. Adulteration tactics also include adding other substances to the urine sample (such as soap, bleach, vinegar, or apple juice), substituting urine from an animal or another person, and many other more elaborate schemes.

Previously, some abusers were able to pass a drug test by using one of these strategies. But new lab technologies are now detecting drugs in samples that were altered and un-testable before. Today, lab tests measuring specific gravity, pH, creatinine levels, and temperature are determining "positive" and "negative" results more accurately than ever.

Here are two of the more popular ways used to cheat a drug test and the usual result:
    • Attempt to cheat: A diluted sample, since it will have an abnormally low creatinine and specific gravity level
      Result: The applicant must submit another sample, often directly observed by a same sex collector
    • Attempt to cheat: Samples substituted with urine from another source (e.g., a friend, spouse, commercially available urine, even an animal)
      Result: The specimen will not usually pass temperature tests (checked by the collector); those that do pass within the accepted range usually will not pass the specific gravity tests (checked by the lab).
    I'm not a lawyer. The information I gave is based on certain research. Please review the information yourself to make an informed decision. Also, the information I posted may no longer be accurate.

Comment

Any attempt to defraud the result---even overdrinking water right before testing has landed people in violation of probation.

Comment

If you are dirty and have to take drug test ,tell your P.O. I got caught and received my probation that I was 6 months away from completing and a new 10 to run consec. I have cancer in my spine and had doctors note but still was told not allowed, I tried to reframe and used the mj to relieve this terrible pain and was scared when I had to report and cheated and got caught.Should have just told them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          If you are dirty and have to take drug test ,tell your P.O. I got caught and received my probation that I was 6 months away from completing and a new 10 to run consec. I have cancer in my spine and had doctors note but still was told not allowed, I tried to reframe and used the mj to relieve this terrible pain and was scared when I had to report and cheated and got caught.Should have just told them.
          Well ya rite about one thing should tell them I failed two an told her I would before them an I took bottle strapped on an had p.o in room with me an as I clipped the lid shut it badly made a faint sound an blam p.o spazzes on me like I done killed someone. An their I got a charge for the fake bottle of urine an also viloation of probo. Start sentence on 3/7 gotta live the fact if I'd k

Comment

Originally posted by The iron-man
            Well ya rite about one thing should tell them I failed two an told her I would before them an I took bottle strapped on an had p.o in room with me an as I clipped the lid shut it badly made a faint sound an blam p.o spazzes on me like I done killed someone. An their I got a charge for the fake bottle of urine an also viloation of probo. Start sentence on 3/7 gotta live the fact if I'd k

Responding to a comment that was made almost 4 years ago is brilliant. You must be a brain surgeon.

Maybe you can learn how to spell and write English before you post again. Thank you.

Comment

Or he could take classes in jail possibly.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

He doesn't seem like the type who would be interested.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X