Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD Motion to dismiss, if Denied...?

In a criminal case in md circuit court ,if I file a motion to dismiss and it is denied and I appeal,right then will it stop a trial long enough to get assistance ?

re: MD Motion to dismiss, if Denied...?

You do not understand the process. You can motion for a continuance to get council. A motion to dismiss would be based on little or no evidence against you and would be stated as such in the motion. If you are not eligible for a PD and have a valid reason why you need more time to obtain council for a potentially jail-able offense, the judge will likely grant the motion. If your motion is denied, the trial proceeds with you acting as your own lawyer. Once you have been found guilty, you can appeal the findings of the court based on motions or other issues raised in the the trial in an appeal to a higher court.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by limesoupx9 View Post
      In a criminal case in md circuit court ,if I file a motion to dismiss and it is denied and I appeal,right then will it stop a trial long enough to get assistance ?
      You need a lawyer representing you every step of the way. From the arraignment on.

One is entitled to have a lawyer represent them in criminal cases, so do yourself a favor and get a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, request the judge to appoint one.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post

You need a lawyer representing you every step of the way. From the arraignment on.

One is entitled to have a lawyer represent them in criminal cases, so do yourself a favor and get a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, request the judge to appoint one.

Yeah ABSOLUTELY

Never try to handle a criminal case yourself, there is no reason to do so.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X