Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information retrieved off your computer for a court case

I would like to know if you can use the information retrieved off your computer for a court case is there a state or federal statue that says you can or can not

Re: Information retrieved off your computer for a court case

Law enforcement uses information obtained from peoples computers for prosecution all the time.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
      Law enforcement uses information obtained from peoples computers for prosecution all the time.
      What I'm asking is if I use it in court is there a statue saying that I can't use that information

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What I'm asking is if I use it in court is there a statue saying that I can't use that information
        Without knowing all the particulars, there really is no way to say the evidence is relevant, can be considered accurate, was obtained legally or will have proper foundation to be used.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

Originally posted by Disagreeable View Post
          Without knowing all the particulars, there really is no way to say the evidence is relevant, can be considered accurate, was obtained legally or will have proper foundation to be used.
          I'm being accused of something from my daughter she has been using my laptop and going on skype I talked to geek squad and they told me it was leagal to retrive that information off that lap top seeing I own it is that true I would like to use that in court

Comment

I'm being accused of something from my daughter she has been using my laptop and going on skype I talked to geek squad and they told me it was leagal to retrive that information off that lap top seeing I own it is that true I would like to use that in court
            As long as the information is obtained from there and documented by a computer professional as not having been doctored and proper foundation is laid for its admission, it likely can be. If you are being accused of a crime like this, you really should have a lawyer do this for you.

Comment

The evidence rules of your state, if state court, or the Federal Rules of Evidence if in federal court will determine what information may be used, how it was obtained and if you can use it in court.

If you own the laptop, the data on it is yours. You own the data. How you present it in court, however, is determined by the rules of evidence.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X