Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance in prison has warrants needs to take care of

My fiance is currently in prison he has outstanding warrants from 2005-2006 for possession and driving under the influence he would like to get them cleared up before he is released at the begining of next year how should he go about getting the warrants cleared up the warrants are from NY he has already written to the courts but didnt recieve a response

Re: Fiance in prison has warrants needs to take care of

Originally posted by nana531 View Post
    My fiance is currently in prison he has outstanding warrants from 2005-2006 for possession and driving under the influence he would like to get them cleared up before he is released at the begining of next year how should he go about getting the warrants cleared up the warrants are from NY he has already written to the courts but didnt recieve a response
    Have his attorney look into the matter on his behalf.
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

As Sandy noted, hiring a lawyer is a good strategy. As he has already alerted them to his location, no response from them is needed. They will likely be waiting to pick him up at the end of his sentence.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by nana531 View Post
        He needs to post bond to appear on those warrants, and then have them quashed. He would need to have hearing set for the charges as well.

Considering the nature of the charges, he will need a criminal defense lawyer to represent him on the charges. Unless he has sufficient cash stashed away, a Public Defender will be the one to represent him.

The courts will not give legal advice, so a Public Defender is his best bet. If he has relatives will to post bond for him to appear on the charges, so much the better. He should do both concurrently -- get legal representation and arrange to have bail posted for when he gets out.

Since he is in prison now, there is always a legal eagle hitting the prison law library who may be willing to help him. .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X