Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are harassment charges viable????

About 3 months ago, I very foolishly emailed my boyfriend's soon-to-be-ex-wife regarding our affair. All 3 emails (one was in response to her questions) were only informative...not threatening, nor abusive. The last response I received from her was to cease emailing...which I did. I have never met this woman, never been near her or her property. Now that the divorce proceedings are not heading in her favor, she has threatened to take the 3 month old emails to the police to file charges against me for harassment. Should I be concerned?

Re: Are harassment charges viable????

Originally posted by Jules91 View Post
    About 3 months ago, I very foolishly emailed my boyfriend's soon-to-be-ex-wife regarding our affair. All 3 emails (one was in response to her questions) were only informative...not threatening, nor abusive. The last response I received from her was to cease emailing...which I did. I have never met this woman, never been near her or her property. Now that the divorce proceedings are not heading in her favor, she has threatened to take the 3 month old emails to the police to file charges against me for harassment. Should I be concerned?
    Not unless and until the police show up at your door.

Emailing a wife about her husband having an affair with you -- why? Intended to hurt her? Someone you do not know? What was your intent? To break up their marriage?

Or were you so proud of having sex with someone else's husband that you had to brag to his wife and rub her face in it?

No, it's not likely harassment charges could be filed unless there is a lot more in those emails than you are disclosing here. In earlier days you could have been sued for your involvement with him while he was married, called "correspondent" and been up to pay damages. Or in even earlier days, stoned or put to the stake.

If you choose to have affairs with married men in the future, at least learn how to be discreet. And don't rub the wife's nose in it by blabbing to her and advertising his adultery.

Comment

Re: Are harassment charges viable????

Thank you for your post. I assure you I was discreet for 12 years. I appreciate the lecture on moral virtues, as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X