•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16yr old $500 felony theft charge shows dismissed when I look it up online

Texas:

Hi,

I wanted to know if I got charged back in 1997 and completed the terms of my probation and was told at the end of me completing those terms I could legally answer no when asked on an application if I had ever been convicted of a felony, does that same rule apply if I have to be fingerprinted for a job? I recently applied for a job and have to be fingerprinted in order to get licensed to do the job, the employer knows about my charge but told me to find out if when I do a public records search in the dallas county database and pull up my case, in the area where it has the disposition codes it shows DISM, can I legally say I haven't been convicted of a felony? I also wanted to know if I haven't been charged with any other crime since then, do I qualify to file a non-disclosure or to have it expunged from my record? Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: 16yr old $500 felony theft charge shows dismissed when I look it up online

Your best course of action is to contact the court directly to verify.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X