Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongful Warrant Issued

I was informed yesterday by a potential employer that I had a warrant for my arrest in Muskegon County MI. The warrant was from back in 2010. I had no knowledge of this until yesterday. I say this because when the inccident happened I was not arrested, I never recieved anypaperwork in the mail asking me to appear before a judge. And two other girls were taken to jail. This is the first time I have been in trouble and I didnt even know about it. I cannot afford to go back to MI, or hire a lawyer because this warrent is hendering me from working. I have two toddlers to take care of I NEED TO WORK. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME

Re: Wrongful Warrant Issued

What is the warrant for?

Comment

I wish to inform you that if you have a warrant you may be arrested and sent to MI. In this regard, it may be better for you to find out the details of the warrant from the court in MI. You may speak to the office of the Clerk of Court and explain the situation. You may request for a hearing and an appearance by telephone. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

I suggest you take a bus, when you return.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

That makes no sense. Please if you have no helpful information or response, don't bother to comment.

Thanks
          MisLawed

Comment

BOR,

It was a warrant for Retail Fraud 3rd degree.

At the time I had just had a new born, I needed more diapers. So two friends of mine accompanied to a locally known store. I had no idea that they were there to steal anything. I went to the register to pay for my things and realized that I didn't have enough money to pay for the diapers. I out them back and waited for my friends. I went and found them and asked if they were ready to go. They said yes. When we got to the exit the security stopped us. They pulled us into a room and asked us to empty our pockets. I didn't have anything because I hadn't taken anything. They two girls had about $200 worth of merchandise. They ran my name and nothing was there. I had never been in trouble. The two girls went to jal from the store and the officer told me to go home.

Now here it is 3 years later, 5 states over and I find out that there is a warrant for my arrest for Walmart thing. I am completely baffeled. I dont know what to do because I do not have the funds to go home and get this taken care of. But its hindering me from working at a high paying job that I need. What should I do?

Comment

Naming the store on a public forum was very unwise see if you can edit store name its not required for answers. I also sent you some reference info via PM

Comment

I didn't see what was wrong with the story; but I hope this makes everyone feel a little more comfortable with my post.

Comment

You should remove city as well. This is in your best interest. My friend is a retail theft consultant and has used internet forums to bust people.

Comment

Originally posted by MisLawed View Post
                    Now here it is 3 years later, 5 states over and I find out that there is a warrant for my arrest for Walmart thing. I am completely baffeled. I dont know what to do because I do not have the funds to go home and get this taken care of. But its hindering me from working at a high paying job that I need. What should I do?
                    Most warrats, except major felonies, will not have a radius pick up for a person out of state, but it is not known what yours says. They usually list such radius on the warrant, County only, surrounding counties, in state only, etc.

Let's assume yours is not an out of state warrant pick up, so if stopped by police and thier is a no hold warrant, they can't arrest you absent an unusal law.

My personal advice, type up an EXCELLENT resume, get details on the internet if need be. Check spelling, paragraphs, everything, and have it typed very neatly. Include a part at the end about your circumstance, and explain in full what happended, be remorseful and say such as, if given a chance you will do the very best job for them to make thier company grow, etc., etc.

Someone will appreciate you being upfront with them and they will have no surpises when they do a background check.

If you think my idea is a good one, then do it, think it over first..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X