USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be arrested at the airport for shoplifting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be arrested at the airport for shoplifting?

Hello there,
    I have shoplifted in NYC whilst on vacation last week.
    I was arrested, sent to the precinct where my finger print and photo were taken but I was released few hours later.
    It happened on a Wednsday and I had to fly back home (UK) the following Saturday so I tried to sort out the fine before leaving and went to the court house on Friday. Unfortunately they hadn't received my file and therefore I couldn't pay the fine before my court day which is scheduled for April.
    I tried to find out online a way to do so but there is no such possibility.
    I won't be able to come back to NYC in April but I intend to come back in June and settle the fine then on my return.
    However, I am scared that I will be either arrested or sent back home at the airport.
    Could you tell me what will happen to me please?
    Thanks a lot

re: Will I be arrested at the airport for shoplifting?

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
    Hello there,
    I have shoplifted in NYC whilst on vacation last week.
    I was arrested, sent to the precinct where my finger print and photo were taken but I was released few hours later.
    It happened on a Wednsday and I had to fly back home (UK) the following Saturday so I tried to sort out the fine before leaving and went to the court house on Friday. Unfortunately they hadn't received my file and therefore I couldn't pay the fine before my court day which is scheduled for April.
    I tried to find out online a way to do so but there is no such possibility.
    I won't be able to come back to NYC in April but I intend to come back in June and settle the fine then on my return.
    However, I am scared that I will be either arrested or sent back home at the airport.
    Could you tell me what will happen to me please?
    Thanks a lot

Contact the court by phone and letter BEFORE you intend to return and pay the fine. You have plenty of time to arrange it before your June trip.

That way you will have the record clear and will not have to worry about being arrested.

Comment

re: Will I be arrested at the airport for shoplifting?

If you do not make a motion for continuance, expect to have a warrant for your arrest on return. Then you will have 2 charges to deal with.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X