X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine for eating grapes in the store?

Tampa Florida
    I was told stop eating the grapes in the store and they gave me a 35 dollar fine from store security and said pay or they would file a charge with the police. right...

That's crazy, I only ate about 5 grapes just to see if they were fresh.

Can thye fine me for that? And what if I refuse to pay?

It's stealing. Stealing is a crime.

Comment

If every customer ate 5 there would be none. All gone.

BTW eating dirty unwashed grapes in the Covid filled supermarket isn't healthy. Even before covid it wasn't healthy.

Comment

I have a friend who is a Retail theft Consultant and hes says sounds like the "fine" you describe is "Civil Demand" He advises you pay this or you could face mor elong term serious consequences https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTxhvyAOQwo&t=362s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iO3vtz0774&t=1s

Comment

Like what for example--for eating 5 grapes? Death sentence?

Comment

The answer is in videos I linked but you do as you wish

Comment

I can see the headlines. Convicted for testing 5 grapes in Tampa. 3 yrs in prison. Somehow I just dont think so.

Comment

You came here for answers I gave you some from someone in field. Im done do as you wish

Comment

Originally posted by adjusterjack View Post
                  It's stealing. Stealing is a crime.

I think the above most simply states it.
                  I would n't do it again Lodell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lodell View Post
                    Tampa Florida
                    I was told stop eating the grapes in the store and they gave me a 35 dollar fine from store security and said pay or they would file a charge with the police. right...

I know you think it is small but the store for whatever reason does not think so and you are not legally allowed to eat their food inside the store before and without paying.
                    Sorry but that's how it is. Pay the little fine so they don't file charges just to make a point. Obviously you are on their bad side already.

Comment

Originally posted by Lodell View Post
                      Tampa Florida

LOL I do that sometimes too. But you must got one of those crazy employees thats watching every move, or you told him off.

Comment

You know it's a little wrong, sure, but when somebody decides to enforce it, you have to respect that.
                        As a poster above basically noted, 10,000 little wrongs would destroy the store. Would you want that?

Comment

One has to wonder is there a difference between eating grapes and just taking a candy bar?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)