Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with embezzlement - Australia

Over the past year I was refunding sales onto my card at work where I was manager. The total amount of money comes to below $10 000. A few weeks ago my boss found out and he fired me over it.

My question is what is the penalty charge for something like this if they do decide to press charges? I am just scared and anxious over this. I have never been to jail nor have I been charged with anything (except for the speeding fine) It was an incredibly stupid mistake and I am punishing myself over it.

I have emailed my boss recently just asking if he knows the next step and also if we can work out a weekly payment plan so that I can pay the company back but he hasn't responded.

re: Need help with embezzlement - Australia

It appears to be a table 1 offense punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
    Section 157 of the Crimes Act states:
    Whosoever, being a clerk, or servant, fraudulently embezzles, either the whole or any part of, any property delivered to, or received, or taken into possession by him or her, for, or in the name, or on the account of, his or her master, or employer, shall be deemed to have stolen the same, although such property was not received into the possession of such master, or employer, otherwise than by the actual possession of such clerk, or servant, and shall be liable to imprisonment for ten years.
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

re: Need help with embezzlement - Australia

You need to understand how to defend against embezzlement charges to avoid fines and jail time. Highlight the number of people within your company who possess similar responsibilities to defend against embezzlement charges. Point out your relatively low position within the company as you defend against charges of embezzlement. Access deposit records and bank statements applicable to your job as a means of staving off a conviction for embezzlement. Speak with your attorney to develop sound explanations for every inconsistency in your defense. Think about a counter-suit against your company if an embezzlement case is overturned. The damage to your reputation caused by white-collar allegations may harm your access to future earnings in your profession.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X