USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burglary? My wife and I are splitting up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burglary? My wife and I are splitting up.

My wife and I are splitting up. Ive asked her to sit more clothes on the porch but she refuses. So, while she was gone I climbed thru a unlocked window. She changed the lock. Now, my name isnt on the house but I make the payments. Is what I done criminal burglary in Kentucky?

re: Burglary? My wife and I are splitting up.

It should not be since the two of you are married, you have your personal possessions in the house and presumably took only things belonging to you.

You need to file a formal petition to dissolve the marriage or decree of separation, whichever your choice and with that for determination and award of the properties you two have accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend In Court View Post
      It should not be since the two of you are married, you have your personal possessions in the house and presumably took only things belonging to you.

You need to file a formal petition to dissolve the marriage or decree of separation, whichever your choice and with that for determination and award of the properties you two have accumulated.
      Thanks! And no I didnt take anything that wasnt mine. I just felt bad afterwards and then fear set in that maybe she will call the Sheriff and get me arrested for felony burglary.

Comment

Re: Burglary? My wife and I are splitting up.

It is a question of whether you hold the home as a residence. It is not illegal to break into your own home.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X